So, I got appraised...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My 2001 Tahoe has 266k. Just put in new alternator and water pump. Whats next? Brought home a 07 to test drive and found out it needed new ball joints and rear u joint. Front seal was starting to leak. rear wiper/washer didn't work and the lift gate switch was out. Dealer wanted 16k and it had 124k on it. I dont have that many things wrong with my 01 and they offered 1,700. Still looking!

OP
OP
G

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it listed for about a month now with some bites but little luck. Went from 5k to 4.5k. Offered 1.5k at an AutoTrader dealer today. Apparently having a "dirty carfax" (2 accidents) is an automatic -1000. Its a shame that they don't even care that I have the invoices for those repairs, every oil change ever, and everything in between. Guess I'm stuck with private sale.

I'll tell you what though, this experience is really steering me away from modding a daily driver. Tune it, throw in some weathertech gear, call it a day.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since the mods don't matter for the average Joe buying these trucks. let me know if you want to part out that Corsa and air raid Jr! I know I'm in too deep to expect anything in a sale for mine, but I will enjoy it until its time to leggo...

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing is first, you don't mod a vehicle for resale lol. You do it because you want to and to make your personal experience with the vehicle better.

Take your mods off, sell the truck as stock, and then sell your mods. Either way you still won't get 10k out of it all

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like i said..I'm in too deep. Let me know if u want to part with some stuff..this needs to breathe soon!! uploadfromtaptalk1436245640147.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436245654114.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awful nice for just 3000 :)

OP
OP
G

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think so to. But unfortunately I couldn't get anyone to budge above 4 after a month of aggressively listing and talking to over a dozen people with offers. Maybe I didn't list right, maybe I'm not assertive enough. It is really hard to stand behind a truck and talk when the truck needs over $1000 in paint repairs and at least $500 in interior repairs (and unfortunately dealers AND apparently many private buyers see that as a "need"). But ah well. Its done. I needed to move on. Mad respect for those of you who are able to keep your trucks beautiful inside and out at high mileage and age. I've certainly learned with this experience, and hope my NNBS can benefit from that.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While shopping for a 2015 a couple of months ago, I was offered $4k and $5k trade by two different dealers for my extremely clean, fully loaded 03 LT with 168,000 miles, 20" LTZ rims and nearly new tires. I ended up taking the tires and rims off, listing on AutoTrader and doing a private sale for $6,500...then sold the tires & wheels for $700.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42

Latest posts