Snow Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking forward to losing the trucks snow virginity this year. How do these trucks handle in white stuff?

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends mostly on the tires. Just pop her in 4hi and go. Should have no problems accelerating. Just don't get too cocky when it comes to braking. These are heavy trucks to stop

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all in the tires. i have to switch to my winter tires, ive been putting it off. I have to say, after years of driving a 3500 cummins in the snow, i look back and although the ride and comfort was garbage , it did handle the snow better than the tahoe.

abond2014

Reaction score
mine too is in for its first Virgin Snow fall, I can say im certainly looking forward to it

MTVP

Reaction score
2017 Escalade Premium went through some snow in MI. today. No snow tires, heading for FL. Sunday! Snow tires not needed.

Last edited:

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just drove from east of Toronto to Florida, and the first 4 hours of the trip was in a snow storm with a mix of snow and slush on the ground.

Yukon xl denali with Michelin Defenders and 4hi had no issues.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I throw a set of blizzak 17 for winter. I get around just fine in 2wd with 6 inches of snow

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're headed to Dallas and Central Oklahoma for the Holidays. I MIGHT be able to give you my assessment after that trip.

I will offer this however...my Yukon with 2WD does a great job in loose beach sand....I just have to remember to manually start out in 2nd gear so as not to dig in.

I lived in Cleveland for a few winters...don't miss the snow.

OP
OP
Illnasty

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Educate me, what's the difference between switching to AWD vs 4HI? I don't tow anything but why would I use one over the other? I'm coming from a 2002 Denali which is AWD, no option to switch out of that so this is new to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts