Smaller Trailer Upgrades Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

shimmyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good. Hope you're using Tow/Haul mode when towing.

Also good that you keep it to 65mph, but check the trailer tires. Many of them are rated to 65 mph.
Yep didn’t use tow haul mode till day 2 but once we figured that out then manual mode for going downhill everything became a lot easier. Funny you mention the tires they are the Goodyear endurance rated at 87mph but sure enough 1 of the tires almost blew when we were about 6hrs from home. It was a used trailer and the tread on the tires looked great but they were at the end. I’m going in to get 4 new ones and a new wheel so I have 2 spares. Also discovered (my fault for not checking before we left) that my truck has no tire change tools so I gotta rectify that.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also discovered (my fault for not checking before we left) that my truck has no tire change tools so I gotta rectify that.
When we go on a trip we always take a floor jack (HF blue aluminum) and breaker bar, ext, and socket just in case.

OP
OP
S

shimmyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When we go on a trip we always take a floor jack (HF blue aluminum) and breaker bar, ext, and socket just in case.
Yeah this trip is making me rethink my entire tool setup when traveling. Will be bringing a breaker bar, ext, impact wrench and a new bottle jack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT