Sludged engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ali saleh

Reaction score
How many quart of ATF fluid max can i use to clean sludged engine?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
My 2 cents.. Get some cheap dino oil. Bulk stuff. Run short OCIs. Just visually inspect and change when it's dark. I had an old VW that was sludged up when I got it. There for a while I was changing the oil every 200-300 miles. Each time it would come out looking like diesel LOL.

Careful with the fast clean stuff. If it can't dissolve everything you'll end up with sludge bits breaking off and either clogging the passage ways or clogging the screen. Gentle is the best approach. Leave the cleaning/flush stuff to when you're sure you can't get any more out with frequent changes

OP
OP
A

ali saleh

Reaction score
I agree with u the reason to use atf is i have slight lifter tick at idle only and engine oil change been neglected from previews owner following oil life monitor and going around 7 to 8k on oil caused engine to make lifter tick amd sludge oil turns black after 100 mile on oil change

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9