SLT vs LTZ, and, any good Tahoe deals in northeast?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Budcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm torn between which model to get. I cant wait the time it would take to do a custom order, so I'd have to buy one off the lot.

I much prefer the looks of the Yukon SLT front end over the Tahoe or the Denali (love the classic GMC grill), but it doesnt seem like you can get the HID headlights on SLT, only on the LTZ or the Denali.

Seems like the LTZ gives you magnetic suspension and the HID headlights. Are those worth getting the uglier LTZ over the SLT? Many notes say the base headlights on the Yukon are dangerously bad.

I wouldnty mind a denali, but i dont want the 22" wheels or the open road pkg. I really want as many safety features as possible, and i cant find adaptive cruise unless it is loaded up with everything else. So I'm willing to skip the cruise, but dont want the big wheel and entertainment system.

Anyone know of any dealers in the Northeast that give good deals on the LTZs? I cant seem to find any that go below invoice. And there seems to be much better deals on the Yukons/Denali's, especially from Laura GMC, than there are on the Tahoe's.

I'm certainly willing to fly to St Louis for a great deal, but if there are other dealers giving good deals I'd like to check them out.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between which model to get. I cant wait the time it would take to do a custom order, so I'd have to buy one off the lot.

I much prefer the looks of the Yukon SLT front end over the Tahoe or the Denali (love the classic GMC grill), but it doesnt seem like you can get the HID headlights on SLT, only on the LTZ or the Denali.

Seems like the LTZ gives you magnetic suspension and the HID headlights. Are those worth getting the uglier LTZ over the SLT? Many notes say the base headlights on the Yukon are dangerously bad.

I wouldnty mind a denali, but i dont want the 22" wheels or the open road pkg. I really want as many safety features as possible, and i cant find adaptive cruise unless it is loaded up with everything else. So I'm willing to skip the cruise, but dont want the big wheel and entertainment system.

Anyone know of any dealers in the Northeast that give good deals on the LTZs? I cant seem to find any that go below invoice. And there seems to be much better deals on the Yukons/Denali's, especially from Laura GMC, than there are on the Tahoe's.

I'm certainly willing to fly to St Louis for a great deal, but if there are other dealers giving good deals I'd like to check them out.

I went thru the same ordeal in NY, no time for a custom order

Wanted a Denali ideally without a sunroof (so no open road) and 22" wheels but the extra safety options = found zero, and I searched within 300 miles

I was willing to go SLT as long as it had some safety stuff in the build = also found zero

So ended up with an Escalade since the safety options are all included and will deal with a sunroof and swap to smaller wheels

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only options were a denali or an escalade because I have a horsepower addiction (even though this is the wife's truck). Lots more power, 2 more speeds, and barely 1 mpg less. Works for me!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think the LTZ is ugly, than why even consider it? When I spend that kind of money, I tend to try to get what I want.

Sounds to me like what you want is the Denali without the gaudy grill and 22's. I am sure you would have no problem trading someone for the SLT grill and stock 20's. Around here I see more Denali's with 20's than I do with 22's, so I am sure you could find one that way fairly easily anyway.

As far as the headlights on the SLT, yeah they suck. They are pathetic. I am still at a loss as to why in the hell GM would even consider not installing the HID headlights in ALL trim configurations, considering they already have the setup in denali's. I just makes absolutely no sense... "Yeah, the folks who can afford the Denali package, lets let them be able to see where they are going. But, the poor suckers that can only afford the $60k rigs, *** them they dont need to see."

Camstyn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did they do something to improve the headlights on the 16's? We just got a new SLT and the headlights seem great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n