Sloppy Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jxw004

Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry. We stock a Silverado HD steering gear the a Tahoe sector shaft that is popular. This unit comes with oversize recirculating ball bearings in the worm and piston assembly and an additional seal at the sector shaft. This is our part number 2871. This unit runs $356 with a $200 core charge. Shipping to anywhere in the US is $35 or less one way. This unit can be ordered over the phone.

Thanks,
Red-Head Steering Gears, Inc.
(800) 808-1148

Straight from my email.

tenntahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks jxw004. Let me know how it is once you get yours installed. I am very curious if it solves your issues. Had a friend that had his replaced by GM dealer on a silverado truck recently due to similar issues and he said it is tight as new now. Dealer was about $700 for OEM part and labor. From all I've read I think the redhead may be the better way to go.

t_ahan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so would 2872
Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry. We stock a Silverado HD steering gear the a Tahoe sector shaft that is popular. This unit comes with oversize recirculating ball bearings in the worm and piston assembly and an additional seal at the sector shaft. This is our part number 2871. This unit runs $356 with a $200 core charge. Shipping to anywhere in the US is $35 or less one way. This unit can be ordered over the phone.

Thanks,
Red-Head Steering Gears, Inc.
(800) 808-1148

Straight from my email.

for a 2003 gmc yukon denali is the part# 2872.... i culd not find #2871 on the web site ?

OP
OP
J

jxw004

Reaction score
so would 2872

for a 2003 gmc yukon denali is the part# 2872.... i culd not find #2871 on the web site ?

This was a email I sent requesting the part and that was what I was told, I think the website only has a couple of options. He said it could be ordered over the phone so I would double check before ordering.

t_ahan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a email I sent requesting the part and that was what I was told, I think the website only has a couple of options. He said it could be ordered over the phone so I would double check before ordering.
Rodger that!
thnx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77