Sloppy steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The absolute best way it to find out what's wrong and fix it. LOL

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't know what you are looking for take it to a shop. But you can check things like wheel bearings, pitman/idler arms, inner and outer rod ends, ball joints,. etc at home yourself.

OP
OP
D

dsd4yk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I have replaced all the steering components. I'm wondering about the gear box. I think those things are universally "loose".
Any aftermarket gear box solutions?

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 2nd the sensor if you haven't done that yet. I wasted a bunch of money on my front end when all I needed was a $70 sensor:Stupid Me:

Reaction score
What are the symptoms of a bad EVO sensor? I just have alot of play in the steering wheel even after an alignment.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much how it went for me. I replaced a whole bunch of front end parts and had an alignment.
I could feel it more going around corners. Feels like the wheel gets slack in it and then it tightens back up after you jerk the wheel to correct it. Almost like your driving in really strong wind or something, lol.
It's supposed to be fairly easy to do yourself and the part is cheap too. I got mine for just under $100 installed.
Fixed my problem though, steerings nice and tight.:driver:

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does our trucks have speed sensitive steering at all? cuz if we do, mine doesn't. and i think i remember reading on an older thread that the steering speed sensor is what tightens up the slack when you get up to highway speeds?
in which case if that's true, i need a new one :p my wheel is loose no matter if i'm doing 10mph or 90mph.
kinda scary with a loose wheel doing 90...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayDogg87