Skyjacker shocks anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I raised up my truck a bit it's been pretty rough. I Started out with Z71 springs, Bilstein HD's and Key's up front. I did away with the Z71 springs because I didn't realize how stiff they were going to be with the HD's and thought that would do the trick. So now I have some Moog stock replacement Denali springs but it's still pretty stiff and I just had my first kid so I'm trying to get the ride comfort as smooth as possible. I just ordered Skyjacker Hydro shocks because I really didn't want to spend $85 a pop for Bilstein 5100 since the Skyjackers were half the price and obviously money is kinda tight right now. Anyone running Skyjacker Hydro shocks?

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had them on my 01 Yukon in my gallery. Loved them, especially for the price. I also had a new born when I had the Yukon. Rode better than my wifes stock Denali. I'm putting them on my 01 Tahoe next weekend. Did you get rid of the Factory Air-Ride?

OP
OP
03Dnasty

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I did away with the factory air ride shortly after I got my truck. I actaully had a 2/3 drop at first, but that road even worse and bottom'd out all the time so I said screw it, I'm raising it up and puttin some M/Ts on it. I loved the look of it lowered but M/T's around here in the winter time is so much better!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Just buy two fronts. Seriously, only buy bilsteins for the front of that thing I won't sell my customers anything else for leveled 1500 trucks.

OP
OP
03Dnasty

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too late now, just installed my Skyjacker Hydro shocks today and LOVE them! They ride soooooooo much better than those stiff ass Bilstein HD's! Night and Day difference! Finally got my truck riding they way it should. Here's the crazy thing though. I only have 2-3" lift keys on the front and factory replacement Moog springs for the rear that are for Yukon/Tahoes without autoride, since I disabled mine and clear my 33's with NO spacers! Truck sits at about 38 1/4" all around. Just had to trim a little bit of plastic on the rear that covers up my shock bolts that ripped off after taking a couple steep inclines so I just trimmed them up as seen below. Also had to do a lil bit of trimming on the front drivers side plastic that covers the washer fluid tank and used a zip tie to pull forward the plastic on the passanger side and I'm good to go, no rubbing at all. Finish product pics below!
Denaliskyjacker2.jpg
DenaliSkyjacker.jpg
Skyjackershock.jpg
skyjackershock2.jpg

LSUz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That denali looks great! The red poking through from the new shocks looks good.
My z71 sits around the same height as yours. Pm me if you're interested in selling your old shocks. As like you, i can't afford to pay retail for shocks! Haha.

Sent fr

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You may want to flip the rear upper shock bolts around, I know most of us lowered guys had to for tire clearance. Don't wanna mess up those trail graps, shit ain't cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTahoe