SIX BOLTS FOR WATER PUMP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello- do the six bolts that hold the water pump onto engine block need specific hole placement?

I did not do this,just threw them in my peanut butter jar, and now my third attempt to install pump is now a fourth attempt. Still leaking. nothing wrong with pump. gaskets were trashed the first fix.
Also forgot to put my silicone seal on gaskets as well as engine block. I am not giving up,this is my daughters car and being a D.I.Y. Mechanic requires more work and being more alert.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello- do the six bolts that hold the water pump onto engine block need specific hole placement?

I did not do this,just threw them in my peanut butter jar, and now my third attempt to install pump is now a fourth attempt. Still leaking. nothing wrong with pump. gaskets were trashed the first fix.
Also forgot to put my silicone seal on gaskets as well as engine block. I am not giving up,this is my daughters car and being a D.I.Y. Mechanic requires more work and being more alert.

It's been a while since I did my water pump, but I seem to remember all screws being exactly the same. Are the lengths on all of your screws identical?

If so, it is most likely an issue with one or both of the mating surfaces being uneven.

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
NOOOO all of the bolts are different lengths. they must go back into the hole that they came out of otherwise you WILL have leaks.

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o K now it gets crazy. Yes I made a mistake here. I did mix them up after my first gasket replacement. I now can confirm why it is leaking.
Now i need help in finding out which bolts go in the right hole?
Any help is needed.
Good day
Thank you Mr. Garrett

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
try measuring the lengths and calling your local dealerships parts dept and ask them if they can tell you which one goes in which location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts