Silverado grille/bumper swap to Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m planning to add a winch at some point, and not liking what I see for winch mount bumpers. Seems they are all designed to protrude. I’m thinking I can fabricate my own recessed winch mount and off road bumper. Which brings me to my question: is it necessary to cut apart the Tahoe one piece front end, or will a Silverado grille fit the front mounting supports on the Hoe? Just a quick scan it appears I can take a grille / bumper assembly from a truck and it would bolt onto the SUV. Or are there other differences I need to account for?

Thanks for your advice!

PS- 2008 model for you small screen guys.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible, with that being said the frame slots are probably the same, the front bumper is really just a plastic cover and is foam underneath when people mod them the cover is usually cut up higher, the bumper mounts would likely need to be cut and new mounts welded on. mod's like this are not done often enough to say a firm yes you need to do this or that there have been a couple HD front clips done, how it looks is "meh" if you like it is all that really matters.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I’ve watched some remove and reinstall vids for both vehicles, and it appears the supports between the radiator and the grille differ. Silverado has more clips behind the grille because it’s not supported at the bottom by a bumper cover, which is exactly why it may be desirable for my build.
Next is a trip to the salvage yard for scouting parts. Hopefully it’s just a few bits and pieces attached to an identical core support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts