Side Mirror Upgrade/Replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedStealth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 GMC Yukon Denali XL, with the standard manual side mirrors. Heated, but no blinker.

I found the same truck in the junk yard, but this was an 2003 and the mirrors have the blinker and I believe they can collapse with a switch.

I pulled the parts and am looking to install them on my ride.

Looking for some assistance with this type of upgrade.

Has anyone ever done this type upgrade? I have yet to pull my door apart, but I am assuming the wiring will be different.

What all do I need? Will I be lucky enough that this will be as simple as plug and play?

Current Mirror:Current Mirror.jpg

Current Panel

Current Panel.jpg

New Mirror
New Mirror.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly it’s a doable swap. But I think you need the master switch out of a 2002 Escalade as that’s the switch that will allow you to have the power fold option. The 2002 Escalade has power fold mirrors. But I think it takes some rewording in that part. Not entirely sure though.

OP
OP
R

RedStealth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok, i will look into that. but the the turn signal is the major benefit I'm looking to add

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
adding the turn signal is super easy, you just run the turn signal negative to ground and then the positive goes to the blue wires under the drivers kick panel, look on youtube plenty of videos on how to do it, the hardest part is feeding the wire (correctly) thru the rubber door boot just tape the wire to a long zip tie or a coat hanger and push it thru

****caution if the drivers replacement has auto dimming do not connect the auto dimm to 12v it will fry the liquid inside and then the mirror is just garbage.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to DL3 mirrors on my '00 XL. To get the power fold and turn signals to work, I had to get the power fold module from an Esky and run 4 extra wires to each mirror. Two for the fold and two for the signals.

Follow this link to my build thread, and in one of them I took a picture of the wiring notes I made where I spiced the old connector onto the newer mirrors.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/w8tvis-2000-yukon-xl-slt.88072/page-11#post-1100039