Side mirror replacement or fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you need is this little gear and a small vice you can grab at harbor freight for cheap doesn't take anything fancy as long as you have a large socket to slip over the gear motor housing you are good to go I am not even sure what size it takes like a 28mm? or something around there, I put that gear in 2 years ago still works great it took a couple tries to get everything right, no grinder or anything special needed. you don't even have to take the mirror off the truck it can be taken apart mounted to truck still.
if I can do it, anybody can...

AmunRoo

Reaction score
All you need is this little gear and a small vice you can grab at harbor freight for cheap doesn't take anything fancy as long as you have a large socket to slip over the gear motor housing you are good to go I am not even sure what size it takes like a 28mm? or something around there, I put that gear in 2 years ago still works great it took a couple tries to get everything right, no grinder or anything special needed. you don't even have to take the mirror off the truck it can be taken apart mounted to truck still.
if I can do it, anybody can...
Is there some kind of "how to?" I need to fix both of my mirrors

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be interested to see if there’s a how-to guide or video on this as well…

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AmunRoo @ugadawgs311
it's not hard to do takes about 30 minutes about as long as this guys how-to video
only I would not use a screw driver to remove the outer cover use a plastic pry tool so you don't scratch stuff up or damage the trim
you will need a vice of some kind, harbor freight has cheap ones that you can attach to a table or workbench

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced just the motors on both sides from used mirrors found on Marketplace. I found it easiest and fastest to disassemble mine and the donors and swap motors so I ensure I retain all the OEM functionality of my original mirrors.