Side mirror replacement or fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a common issue with my passenger side mirror, it stopped folding. Did a quick search here and found many people recommending Gruven Parts motor and gear replacements. For $65 I can get replacement parts. Unfortunately, I don't have the vice or the grinder, it might not be doable for me. They also have an option of a motor/gear assembly for $200 but I can get full mirror assembly from Rockauto for $117. My question is how good are these aftermarket mirrors? Does it match the original quality? Will it break just like the original, but maybe it will last a few years?

Brawny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In for answers. I just found out that my passenger side mirror does not fold in, I'm guessing it's a motor, but I just want to see what some of the options were to get this fixed.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've researched this for a while, and it seems like it's a doable fix, but very pricey. The mirrors I've found are around $700-$800 since you have to replace the entire unit. Wasn't worth it for me in the end.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
For that price point quality is hit or miss.

What kinda options does your mirror have ie heat,signal arrow,auto dim, or the biggie expensive part blind spot monitoring.

With DL3 optioned mirrors your better off with gruvin because the mirrors are $800 as ugadawgs stated

Can’t really suggest a supplier but I did use rock auto to supply my mirror glass replacement a Lil while ago and the part has been great.

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've researched the Gruven motor seems the best option. New mirrors off Amazon is the easiest option.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got replacement mirror assembly from eBay for $91. Installed it, works good, the only problem is blinker is not bright enough. So I’m gonna swap just the mirror glass from the original.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got replacement mirror assembly from eBay for $91. Installed it, works good, the only problem is blinker is not bright enough. So I’m gonna swap just the mirror glass from the original.
I hate to tell you but that mirror is a piece of junk. Better hold onto your original so you can repair it when that one fails. There’s a reason OE is $600-800 and that one is $90. I looked into replacement mirrors for my 08 Silverado and researched so I have read a lot about those knockoffs. That one isn’t even worth fixing when it breaks.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hate to tell you but that mirror is a piece of junk. Better hold onto your original so you can repair it when that one fails. There’s a reason OE is $600-800 and that one is $90. I looked into replacement mirrors for my 08 Silverado and researched so I have read a lot about those knockoffs. That one isn’t even worth fixing when it breaks.
Hmm in that case I could just take the folding motor from the knock off and use it in the original mirror.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that price point quality is hit or miss.

What kinda options does your mirror have ie heat,signal arrow,auto dim, or the biggie expensive part blind spot monitoring.

With DL3 optioned mirrors your better off with gruvin because the mirrors are $800 as ugadawgs stated

Can’t really suggest a supplier but I did use rock auto to supply my mirror glass replacement a Lil while ago and the part has been great.
it's $200 at the dealer buy a newone for a DL3

not blind monitor 1

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm in that case I could just take the folding motor from the knock off and use it in the original mirror.
I doubt anything is interchangeable except possibly the glass. Open them up and see if the inside is the same but usually on aftermarket stuff it’s not, it’s their own ****** design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts