Shudder under light throttle...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 01 had the same issue. No AFM, so im no help there. But mine turned out to be a bad torque converter.

OP
OP
B

Baden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 01 had the same issue. No AFM, so im no help there. But mine turned out to be a bad torque converter.

My 96 k1500 was the same way and was the torque converter. But there are ways to kind of check that by tapping the throttle and having it unlock the converter, which is some of the testing I did.

With the amount of people having the issue (listed above and through searching) directly related to AFM, I am going to give the range module a whirl since it is a little cheaper than having to deal with a converter for testing purposes.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember we also have PWM (pulse-width modulation) in our transmissions.

I had a very similar issue with my 07. Light shudder at lock-up.

Long story short, it was my TCC valve. Over time the bore wears and trans fluid would seep by.
Fix = installed a Fitzall valve which in turn converts it back to an old style on/off lock up and removes PWM, or blocks it off from PWM how ever you say it.

OP
OP
B

Baden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remember we also have PWM (pulse-width modulation) in our transmissions.

I had a very similar issue with my 07. Light shudder at lock-up.

Long story short, it was my TCC valve. Over time the bore wears and trans fluid would seep by.
Fix = installed a Fitzall valve which in turn converts it back to an old style on/off lock up and removes PWM, or blocks it off from PWM how ever you say it.

Granted a 4 speed vs 6 speed....but still (potentially) valuable information depending on potential issues since transmissions all do the same duty.

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Granted a 4 speed vs 6 speed....but still (potentially) valuable information depending on potential issues since transmissions all do the same duty.

I'm sorry, completely forgot about yours being a 6 speed.

OP
OP
B

Baden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sorry, completely forgot about yours being a 6 speed.

No problem at all. Figured I'd get that in there in case anyone else is looking for troubleshooting ideas in 07-14.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076