Show off your exterior lighting mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of my multiple set of aftermarket fog lights either not mounting properly or when they are in just being all shaky. Ordered a set from the dealer and the lens wasn't even sealed all the way brand new in the box. So considering swapping them out totally for a dedicated LED lamp...just gotta find out that fits properly and doesn't look like a Autozone discount idle add-on.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to know about that beam pattern from the RGB’s please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Showoff...

[emoji23] looks freakin awesome man. One of these days when I get caught up on some things, I’ll be IM’ing you with parts incoming. [emoji16][emoji106][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]
Lol I’ll be waiting.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok time for me to ditch my yucky water-filled OEM fogs. I was looking at doing the jeep fog lights but I'd like to do wide-angle fogs instead of driving lights and I would like the option of the interchangeable lens between clear and amber as well as having the option to switch the beam pattern. So I think the Diode Dynamics SS3s mentioned a few pages back are the best bet.

The question now is what style mounting bracket should I buy? I know I will have to mod them no matter what but I'd like to get something close.

Also, does anyone think it would be worth it to buy the kit for the 2007-2014 suburban fogs so it comes with the little trim piece? The only downside of this style is the mounting bracket is awful and pretty much useless for fitting on a NBS.

***edit: Never mind I realized the suburban kit won't work like I was thinking.***
gmc_sierra_ss3_ditch_light_kit_-_sms_auto_marine_2.jpg
ss3_type_gm_foglight_dimensional_drawing.jpga7a0de40dd3df808cf9b83e1081a630f.pngdd6225_ss3_pro_type_gm_driving_white_full_kit_usa.jpg

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok time for me to ditch my yucky water-filled OEM fogs. I was looking at doing the jeep fog lights but I'd like to do wide-angle fogs instead of driving lights and I would like the option of the interchangeable lens between clear and amber as well as having the option to switch the beam pattern. So I think the Diode Dynamics SS3s mentioned a few pages back are the best bet.

The question now is what style mounting bracket should I buy? I know I will have to mod them no matter what but I'd like to get something close.

Also, does anyone think it would be worth it to buy the kit for the 2007-2014 suburban fogs so it comes with the little trim piece? The only downside of this style is the mounting bracket is awful and pretty much useless for fitting on a NBS.
gmc_sierra_ss3_ditch_light_kit_-_sms_auto_marine_2.jpg
ss3_type_gm_foglight_dimensional_drawing.jpga7a0de40dd3df808cf9b83e1081a630f.pngdd6225_ss3_pro_type_gm_driving_white_full_kit_usa.jpg
I’d love to find a decent fog that will fit the NBS mount. This is most of the reason I was considering adapting a Z71 front valance to my Yukon, but I decided it’s way more work to adapt it than its worth. So I’m stuck with the rectangular fogs / mounts.. please share all your details. [emoji16][emoji106][emoji631]

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d love to find a decent fog that will fit the NBS mount. This is most of the reason I was considering adapting a Z71 front valance to my Yukon, but I decided it’s way more work to adapt it than its worth. So I’m stuck with the rectangular fogs / mounts.. please share all your details. [emoji16][emoji106][emoji631]

Hate to break your heart but I'm switching to the z71 valence like all the other cool kids. I've done a ton of measuring and actually have a few different size/style rectangular lights but I don't think anything will have the OEM+ look I'm going for. They just made the hole too weird of a size so everything has to be pointed sideways to look like it fits flush but then the beam pattern is way off. I was considering cutting the back off of the factory lights and putting a KC highlights flex, which is the smallest all in one sealed light I could find. But I think the pattern would look weird being shined through a chopped up reflector housing not to mention my reasoning for replacing the factory lights is that they constantly get full of water, which will only get worse if I cut the entire back off.

There are a few options to mount dual square pods in each fog light hold but I think the square lights look odd and kinda cheesy.

1270-1.jpg
71b60X6n0yL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
iJDMTOY Dual LED Pod Fog Lamps Compatible With 02-06 Chevy Avalanche, 03-07 Silverado 2500 3500, Incl (4) 20W High Power CREE LED Cubes, Foglight Location...