Show off your 2015-2020 lowered tahoes and yukons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ What calipers do you have? To date, I've had 3 sets stripped, re-coated, lettering, and clear coated via powder coat process. Much easier to clean and maintain. Plus they keep that fresh look and no more fading. Win / win.

The red caliper install on the CC is on hold pending the time needed to get everything changed out and installed.

The charcoal calipers have been on my 02 for just over 5 months since I had them re-done and they are still holding up perfectly and re simple to just wipe off clean while keeping that glossy finished look.

I think I made an entry about this process in the brake section some months ago.

I have a set of charcoal caliper on standby for the Escalae as well. Those too are on hold awaiting a block of available time to get them switched out.

View attachment 242357 View attachment 242358
Was wondering if you would consider selling a set of you wilwoods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what’s up staggered, how’s everything going? Just wanted to reach out and show you what’s I’ve done so far. I lowered her 3”in front and 4” in rear. Got a deal on some 26’s forgiatos . Gonna put them on soon but I need to get a wilwood brake kit. 619cf894f4ea5c0623fdb4700a278ced.png
4cfb9ff98a21a4a6d86638304b3ab0e3.jpg
f211d27f1f5742b39d0fd3625b066ef6.jpg

Greetings from Florida. All is good on my end. Just keeping busy as usual and making plans to head back to Louisiana. Your Escalde looks great! Excellent work. Did you color match your pieces as well or that's how it came? The Forgiattos are very nice. They will look great on your ride. I can't wait to see them on. Be sure to keep updating us as time permits.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if you would consider selling a set of you wilwoods?

What's up brother? I had not thought about it actually but I might be able to help. What color is your Escalade? Where are you located? How soon are you looking to upgrade the brakes. I've seen the wheels so I suspect your answer is ASAP. LOL

Fortunately, I am home at the moment, so I just checked. Right now I am sitting on a full set of charcoal and a full set of red calipers replete with new lettering and clear coating. The red calipers are a spare set for the Crew Cab at some point maybe. The charcoal set is for the Escalade. I do also have a spare set of rear charcoals. Sorry if redundant but the caliper designs have changed a little bit. The newer caliper have a bridge type of design where the older caliper had a spacer in between the caliper halves. Both are excellent products. I have the new design on the Escalade and 3 sets of the older design on my 2 tucks and on the 2005 Escalade before I sold it.

I also have a set of charcoal powder coated front and rear hats and a set of black powder coated attach front and rear brackets.

Obviously I am in a good position with spare parts and brakes. But given the fact that I have multiple vehicles with different color calipers I have spare sets. How can I help?

1.) I can give you the address of the shop that does all of my powder coat work and have you send to them whenever you are ready.
2.) I would be willing to swap calipers and hats with you if some of these colors work for you if you just pay for what I paid to get them coated. Only benefit to you is that you can have the parts ready for install sooner rather than much later as you would have to wait until your parts are done and ready.
3.) I can probably part with 1 rear set only but I have not really thought that through. Thus not sure that I would want to do that just yet.
4.) If you buy a new set and if funds and time are a little short, consider a powder coat clear coat over everything while new. Doing so will protect your anodized finish and etched letters to the point that they will not come off or erase as easily.

Let me know if you have questions or in need of additional info.

Attached are a few pics that I took a short time ago. Thanks,

20200723_154304.jpg 20200723_154334.jpg 20200723_154812.jpg 20200723_155101.jpg

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol.. well I see you are in no shortage of brakes[emoji23][emoji23]. I live in NJ and have a powder coat shop near by, since I am a newbie when it comes to big brake kits I would just ask if you have a full set you wouldn’t mind letting go. It would save me any headaches later trying to complete them. It’s doesn’t matter the color charcoal grey or the red.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just google what a hat is[emoji2357]. This is the process of a newbie[emoji2369].

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Alex

Yes no shortage of brakes or parts. I've been an automotive enthusiast for many years all of my rides are driven to some level of daily status depending on my location. As such in my years of doing this, I know well enough that things sometimes go wrong and they have for instance the shop in Louisiana that was simply going to swap the master cylinder for me that ended up damaging the bleed port and the bleeder. Or the time that the caliper bracket attach flange on the rear end broke off. I ended up dragging and damaging the caliper.

So yes, always great to be prepared.

Good to hear that you have a powder coat shop close to you. Consider clearing them at a minimum. I am not sure what I am going to do with mine at this point. One thing that I know is for sure is that these brakes are very heavy which as you know will impact the shipping costs. Have you considered ordering them through someone like Summit. They offer free shipping.

Feel free to ask here or via PM if you have any questions that I might be able to help with..

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes sir the rotors are 2 piece. The hats can come apart and get powder coated, polished or whatever someone might want to do depending on your time, budget, and what you your brake setup to look like. On the Escalade I went with charcoal for a majority of my components such as the hats, drop spindles, coils, end links upper and lower rear control arms, etc..

20180828_171145.jpg Platnum drop kit.jpg

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That looks great! Thank you for the info bro. Btw yes I did color match all the pieces, even though I will have to repaint the grill because the chips are getting worse by the day. I don’t know how to prevent the chips from happening though. I will also look up on summit to see if I can get my hands of some wilwoods. I will post pic once all is complete

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Alex. Yes thanks, the color matching effort looks great. I did the same and understand about the chips. I guess I'll just touch them touched up every now and then. Keep up the great work.

20190908_180821.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157