should there be more sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarnFinder75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey new to this forum and to my '02 Yukon. It does not have Bose but it does have the sub in the rear, my question is, why is there no sound coming out from the sub or the rear most pillar speakers? Is there a harness I can trace or is this a common problem with these? Any help would be great.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey new to this forum and to my '02 Yukon. It does not have Bose but it does have the sub in the rear, my question is, why is there no sound coming out from the sub or the rear most pillar speakers? Is there a harness I can trace or is this a common problem with these? Any help would be great.

its possible they were blown and the previous owner just disconnected them instead of replacing them

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pull rear panel off, disconnect sub, and hook up a known working speaker, even if it's a 4" coax, just to see if you have power to that sub. If you do, simply replace blown woofer.

OP
OP
B

BarnFinder75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i checked all connections in the rear, they were all ok, i have pulled the amp from behind the glove box, is there any way to test it? would this be the likely culprit or the HU perhaps? this thing is driving me nuts

OP
OP
B

BarnFinder75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok, let's try a different approach, can anyone help me with the color codes on the wiring? how about which side of factory amp is input and output?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n