Should I stick with my Premium pkg ordered Yukon Denali or get one less equipped available now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lisa Ketsenburg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a premium packaged Yukon Denali on May 17th. The order was accepted. The salesman told me I might get it in July. Now the dealership is telling me they have no idea when I will get it because of the constraints. There is one available at the end of July without as many features. It doesn’t have retractable sideboards. I’m only 5ft 3 and sort of need those . But maybe the regular ones would work…?.?There are not any on the lot for me to try. Thoughts. The other premium package items are not a big deal to me. My brother said to wait because I will be getting a 2022 instead of a 2021. I’m not sure what to do.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the fixed running boards on my Suburban and they have worked out just fine. In my opinion, the retractable boards are just something to break, while the fixed running boards will always be in the proper position for you.

If your local GMC or Chevy dealers do not have any new Suburbans/Tahoe’s/Yukons in stock, you might want to look at the 2015-2020 versions to compare running boards since they should be similar.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your order was accepted then it shouldn’t be much longer, I would wait. We have premium package and retractable steps and very happy with all the features.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
First, is there any urgency in your need to replace your existing ride? Is it reliable etc?

Second, will the dealer honor the original purchase agreement if the new one becomes a 22 and miles continue to accrue on your trade? If you are trading, that is.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
OP, I tried ordering Denali back in mid May but order was stuck because of the constraints, Tech package is under constraint so premium/ultimate won’t get accepted. If power boards are the most important piece for you then you can order them and individually all other packages that are part of premium except for the Tech package. Or wait till constraint is removed.
That’s how most dealers are ordering their stock lately, you can see individual packages on the sticker in all new arrivals.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a premium packaged Yukon Denali on May 17th. The order was accepted. The salesman told me I might get it in July. Now the dealership is telling me they have no idea when I will get it because of the constraints. There is one available at the end of July without as many features. It doesn’t have retractable sideboards. I’m only 5ft 3 and sort of need those . But maybe the regular ones would work…?.?There are not any on the lot for me to try. Thoughts. The other premium package items are not a big deal to me. My brother said to wait because I will be getting a 2022 instead of a 2021. I’m not sure what to do.
Wait. Good things come to those who wait.