Should I renew Onstar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan is ending and was wondering if it's worth renewing? If so, which plan? Since purchasing the vehicle in Dec. 2016, I've yet to use it other than renewing my WiFi. Thanks

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan is ending and was wondering if it's worth renewing? If so, which plan? Since purchasing the vehicle in Dec. 2016, I've yet to use it other than renewing my WiFi. Thanks

Wow, welcome back to the past!

lol.

I can honestly say now that I have a new vehicle with the free trial again, I missed some of the features of it. It's worth no more than $9.99 or so a month IMO though.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:imo: Onstar is very over priced for what they offer you and would have far more subscribers if they offered at a lower rate.

DjJayFrree

DJ to the Stars
Reaction score
I had the trial but dumped it when I went aftermarket nav. the on the fly address input via the operator download was pretty slick.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only stuff I use is the free stuff anyways.

2015-gmfleet-onstar-connectivity-chart-1-960x627.jpg

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the basic 5 year plan. Its the most cost effective plan!! :2cents:

Wifi and hands free calling is a joke especially on what you can do with your smart phone and blue tooth. And now with android auto and Car play... forget about it!!

Damn, now that I said that watch me get into a bad situation and I'm going to need Onstar!!

Tregs

Reaction score
During my trial period, I only used the free stuff, so I dropped it. Now, I just use the remote start and the "send to in dash nav" option. Actually, my wife sends it to the screen from the passenger seat. In fact, we were out with some friends when the screen suddenly downloaded directions to an antique store that the ladies in the backseat wanted to go to.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I just don't see why anyone uses it past the free trial. To me the ONLY real advantage is if you're in a serious wreck in the middle of nowhere and are unable to call emergency services. Then you would be in the same boat as anyone else who didn't have an Onstar equipped and subscribed vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518