Should I buy a full exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 Tahoe that has multiple exhaust leaks and the shop wanted $600 to fix and replace stuff. Are there any replacement exhausts online that I could install myself for cheaper? It looks like eBay has a couple for under $500, but I'm not sure which one I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you looking for y pipe back or cat back?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cat back kits rockauto
dynomax 325
walker 190
catted y pipe
260 rockauto
plus whatever shipping is on those items.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You tell me, he said the first leak is where the flange that connects the two between the cat and muffler is. So I would assume catback would include that section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a flat flange with a gasket that meets the 2 together. if you buy the cat back section the most you might need to do is buy 2 unions if the flange itself is rotted. so you could end up easily under 300 bucks if you buy the stock walker cat back.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. he hadn't said anything about it being rotted, he did however say he was going to grind it down to make it fit more flsuh, so I'll get it all apart and figure it out from there. I'll probably go with the dynomax kit. It comes with a new flange gasket. I'll keep ya'll posted

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dyno max kit isnt bad but while your at it if you wanted more growl you can buy the front pipe and tailpipe and buy whatever muffler you wanted.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a local guy priced it at $430 with cat back and he's going to weld the flange so it doesn't ever come apart again and tips. Dual in/out. I'll try to get pics up next week. Scheduled for Thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts