Shopping for a 2016 Suburban Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowstorm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am shopping for a 2016 Suburban, the reason I picked 2016 is it's the oldest of that range to have Android Play/Car Play from what I gathered. I have a 2008 Yukon, and I wanna upgrade.

I am curious to hear your thought on which trim level should I be aiming for, and what's the highest millage that I should get. Finally, what are the most common issues/red-flags to look for?

Usage Info
I will be driving on 100% paved Local roads and Highways

I am very chill, right lane, cruise control, lane keep, all that stuff kinda guy

No Towing

I have a baby that will be a frequent passenger

No mods will be installed

I appreciate your feedback, and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please provide us additional information on you and your planned uses for the truck. that way, we will be able to provide you with informed answers.

What surfaces will you be driving on?

Are you an aggressive driver or a passive driver?

Will you be towing?

Do you have children who will be frequent passengers?

Do you plan to install mods on the truck?

Etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can swing a 16 you can swing a 18 which will be better, less bugs, I would go for a mid level trim unless you really like all the bells & whistles, get a warranty.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really a lot of your decision is based on personal preference. You can look up based on year equipment on an LS compared to an LT campared to an LTZ or Premiere(new name in 2017), check the Carfax and look at the history. Of course take it for a test drive and listen for noises, make sure everything works, all lights and all accessories, condition of the body, paint, and interior will usually give you an indication of how the vehicle was taken care of. Take your time when driving and inspecting the vehicle, don't let the Dealer rush you. Good luck with your search.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am shopping for a 2016 Suburban, the reason I picked 2016 is it's the oldest of that range to have Android Play/Car Play from what I gathered. I have a 2008 Yukon, and I wanna upgrade.

I am curious to hear your thought on which trim level should I be aiming for, and what's the highest millage that I should get. Finally, what are the most common issues/red-flags to look for?

I appreciate your feedback, and thanks in advance.
Not to sway you into an older truck. But if apple play is the only thing holding you back. There are companies that will sell you oem parts plug and play to upgrade your 15 to the newer radio style

Did it in my 2015 Yukon. It was about $900 but also sold my parts that I didn’t need anymore for about $250 on ebay. So if you do find a 15 for a great price. Keep this in mind. The CarPlay is still an option.

($900 assuming you already have the larger radio… it will cost more to change out the screen if you have the smaller screen)

OP
OP
S

snowstorm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please provide us additional information on you and your planned uses for the truck. that way, we will be able to provide you with informed answers.

What surfaces will you be driving on?

Are you an aggressive driver or a passive driver?

Will you be towing?

Do you have children who will be frequent passengers?

Do you plan to install mods on the truck?

Etc.
Updated the post. Thank you

OP
OP
S

snowstorm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to sway you into an older truck. But if apple play is the only thing holding you back. There are companies that will sell you oem parts plug and play to upgrade your 15 to the newer radio style

Did it in my 2015 Yukon. It was about $900 but also sold my parts that I didn’t need anymore for about $250 on ebay. So if you do find a 15 for a great price. Keep this in mind. The CarPlay is still an option.

($900 assuming you already have the larger radio… it will cost more to change out the screen if you have the smaller screen)
My Yukon is in a bad shape, it needs to go

OP
OP
S

snowstorm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you can swing a 16 you can swing a 18 which will be better, less bugs, I would go for a mid level trim unless you really like all the bells & whistles, get a warranty.
Definitely mid-level trim

OP
OP
S

snowstorm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really a lot of your decision is based on personal preference. You can look up based on year equipment on an LS compared to an LT campared to an LTZ or Premiere(new name in 2017), check the Carfax and look at the history. Of course take it for a test drive and listen for noises, make sure everything works, all lights and all accessories, condition of the body, paint, and interior will usually give you an indication of how the vehicle was taken care of. Take your time when driving and inspecting the vehicle, don't let the Dealer rush you. Good luck with your search.
Does milage matter on these trucks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts