Shocks for ZW7 G65 2x4 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is time to replace my shocks. I replaced the fronts with Bilstein replacements about 4-5 years ago. The passenger side appears to be leaking. So they need to be replaced.

I was looking at the AC Delco 5405063 shocks for the front and the Bilstein spring/shock combo for the rear.

Has anyone used either of these? What was your results? Anyone recommend anything different?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is time to replace my shocks. I replaced the fronts with Bilstein replacements about 4-5 years ago. The passenger side appears to be leaking. So they need to be replaced.

I was looking at the AC Delco 5405063 shocks for the front and the Bilstein spring/shock combo for the rear.

Has anyone used either of these? What was your results? Anyone recommend anything different?

you already ditched the self-leveling Nivomats in the rear? I'd go with OE replacements.

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have the factory rear shocks. The factory replacements are around $300 each. Are they really worth that?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many miles on the truck?

Saw some Nivomats at UPull the other day and almost did. Don't need them, though, and couldn't tell what mileage they had on them.

You can test your Nivomats by loading up 300 or 400 lbs of whatever in the back end -- or hook up a trailer with a heavy tongue -- and seeing if they bring it back up after driving a few blocks. If they do, you don't necessarily need new ones. I put some KYBs on the front of mine and left the Nivomats alone. They still work good after all these years.

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the truck?

Saw some Nivomats at UPull the other day and almost did. Don't need them, though, and couldn't tell what mileage they had on them.

You can test your Nivomats by loading up 300 or 400 lbs of whatever in the back end -- or hook up a trailer with a heavy tongue -- and seeing if they bring it back up after driving a few blocks. If they do, you don't necessarily need new ones. I put some KYBs on the front of mine and left the Nivomats alone. They still work good after all these years.

163k miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts