Shock Extenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I be using my shock extenders if i have a 5" drop sping in the rear with Belltech SP drop shocks?

OP
OP
Devious02

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is their anything bad that could happen if I'm running them like do they not work right or????

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
make sure to get the right length ones. The djm rear springs are very short so when you jack up the truck if the shock is to long it will pop out on you.

OP
OP
Devious02

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure to get the right length ones. The djm rear springs are very short so when you jack up the truck if the shock is to long it will pop out on you.

I have the Belltech SP 3-4" drop shock in the rear would that be enough or should I use the shock extender?

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take them off. You're probably over extend them to the point where they'll pop out on you. Belltech SP's ride very smooth on lowered trucks. I had them on my Tahoe with a 5" drop and really liked the ride. Without extenders of course..

OP
OP
Devious02

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's all I have to say that was like if I had no shocks in the rear. Like night and day thanks.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So to understand this better. Shock extenders are only for stock shocks. Fixing to drop my tahoe this weekend 5305 springs rear,3/4 keys up front but going to need shocks on a budget for right now. So if keep the stock shocks, i need to use the shock ext. and if i get others then dont put shock ext.?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes if you use stock shocks use extenders. If you get shorter shocks no need for them. This is why the djm 00-06 rear hardware kit has no shock extenders on them thats becaus your supposed to use a 20.5 inch long shock instead of stock one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n