Shock Extenders for factory shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E-Force

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Denali lifted in front by 1-2 inches. I've decided to replace front shocks with factory electronic dampening type. I'd like to maintain full travel of the shocks, so can I put on metal shock extenders? I'm concerned that the electronic signal might not go through the metal shock extenders. hmmm.....

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Denali lifted in front by 1-2 inches. I've decided to replace front shocks with factory electronic dampening type. I'd like to maintain full travel of the shocks, so can I put on metal shock extenders? I'm concerned that the electronic signal might not go through the metal shock extenders. hmmm.....
You should be able to you can get a set for about 30$ you can try and see if they work

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a metal to metal contact. I'm sure they would operate as intended. My only thing would be the ride level sensors maybe getting confused?

OP
OP
E

E-Force

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@B-train: Agree, ride sensors probably will be confused. My mechanic did the one-inch level up front. Since then i have not heard the air pump run. I asked him if he disabled it, but he can't remember. The one-inch lift up front is going to have a cascade effect I'm afraid. step at a time I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz