Shark fin for roof antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I used a shark fin antenna, in the same color (white) as my Tahoe, but the sun up here turn them yellow in no time.

Does anyone know of one (shark fin) in the same finish as the luggage rack, outside door handles etc?

thanks,

Ron

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we talking oem antennas or aftermarket?

There’s low temp powder coating for plastics. Might be an option that’ll last.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we talking oem antennas or aftermarket?

There’s low temp powder coating for plastics. Might be an option that’ll last.

well the sun/UV beats on it pretty good, and the luggage rack I put on seems to hold up pretty good.

well, either would work I guess. The internals are typically slid/screwed/glued in, so it would be easy to replace with anything "shark fin" So something ABS, with a matte outside would work.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure.. actually whatever would work, and is the right material, it's technically only a cover
Can you just not read? I asked IF you were using an aftermarket or an oem antenna. I THEN suggested a new coating option on whatever you’re ruining.

I would find it hard to believe that an oem one that’s painted would fade which made me think you’re using junk aftermarket ones. Automotive paint does not fade in the sun at least not that quick.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you just not read? I asked IF you were using an aftermarket or an oem antenna. I THEN suggested a new coating option on whatever you’re ruining.

I would find it hard to believe that an oem one that’s painted would fade which made me think you’re using junk aftermarket ones. Automotive paint does not fade in the sun at least not that quick.

I saw: "Are we talking oem antennas or aftermarket?" and "sooooo aftermarket antenna?"

I think I can read, and what is written above, is what I read. Maybe you could try to write in, unambiguous, grammatically correct, and complete sentences.

Ron

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked you if you’re using aftermarket or oem antennas that are fading. You didn’t answer. It’s hard to help someone that can’t give you all of the information.

I find it incredibly hard to believe an oem paint is fading that bad in the sun, thus I had to infer that you’re speaking about aftermarket products. Maybe that’s wrong but without you saying one way or the other all I can do is assume.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron I was browsing through Wish last night and came across a few different shark fins on there... I can't attest to the quality but they were cheap... only downside is the month long wait for the shipping after you buy them...

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron,

On my Tahoe I used the OEM Flat Black one and it works perfectly and has not faded at all. I can look for the part number if you like?

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne