Service Trailer Brake System - error message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever get this error C1117 Service Trailer Brake? Google searches make it seem common. Getting the error on my 2016 and now the truck has a sluggish start as if the battery is going bad. Going to do more digging and will update on what I learn.

Edit - research shows that others experience this error with low battery - sluggish start. So I will charge it up and replace that first to see if it helps.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever get this error C1117 Service Trailer Brake? Google searches make it seem common. Getting the error on my 2016 and now the truck has a sluggish start as if the battery is going bad. Going to do more digging and will update on what I learn.

Edit - research shows that others experience this error with low battery - sluggish start. So I will charge it up and replace that first to see if it helps.

The code means there's a short somewhere or not enough voltage. A bad cell in a battery can cause all kinds of mischielf with our electrical systems. Since you mention sluggish starts, deal with the battery and then deal with the code if it returns. It is possible that a short causing the C1117 is draining the battery too. You're doing the right things in the right order.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where did you get c1117 error code? Was it on dash or did you use a scanner? Currently having this problem with my 15 Yukon

George100

Reaction score
Unfortunately, getting the codes on the dash went away with Cadillac back in 2002. Now you need a scantool to read the codes, in case ABS as this falls into the C code category.

George100

Reaction score
Unfortunately, getting the codes on the dash went away with Cadillac back in 2002. Now you need a scantool to read the codes, in case ABS as this falls into the C code category.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore