Service Tire monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE DONALD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I own a 2011 Tahoe LTZ. My problem is that I had a low tire that I kept having to add air. I was planning on getting around to plugging the tire. It was recently at the dealer for an oil change they also did a tire rotation. When I got the car back the low tire was not showing up on the dashboard when you looked for its air pressure. It was a blank dash. The three other pressures were registering. It continue to do this until now it says service tire monitor system. Do I just have to reprogram the tire locations even though they are in the correct location. Would that possibly fix it? Or what do you think would be going on. There was no reason for them to do anything except the rotation . Thanks to all

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the other tire sensors working properly and do they appear to match up with new sensor positions?

You would think the dealer would have said something if they couldn’t get it to program.

At 11 years old, you’re at the long side of battery life.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all probability it is a TPMS tire sensor where its battery has been depleted. Replace that TPMS tire inflator/sensor, and your problems will disappear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep