"SERVICE STABILITY"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlhanlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Yukon XL - Back in March 2022 I had the pitman arm and a tie rod end replaced along with converting autoride shocks to standard. Ever since then I cannot get rid of the "service stability" message. I have had it into service garages several times and codes have pointed toward steering angle sensor - have had that sensor (SWPS) replaced twice and also reprogrammed the VSES EBCM (brake control).
Nothing has worked.
Has anyone seen this problem?
Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005 Yukon XL - Back in March 2022 I had the pitman arm and a tie rod end replaced along with converting autoride shocks to standard. Ever since then I cannot get rid of the "service stability" message. I have had it into service garages several times and codes have pointed toward steering angle sensor - have had that sensor (SWPS) replaced twice and also reprogrammed the VSES EBCM (brake control).
Nothing has worked.
Has anyone seen this problem?
Thanks
were resistors put on the non autoride shocks?
a tech2 would point you to the problem

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Who ever installed the sensor did not follow the installation instructions. Minute 6.24 states not to remove the spring until the steering column is installed and center. That step is what gets everyone, once the spring is removed the sensor is shot if the steering wheel in not centered. Ask me how I know, I had to do the job twice. That might be your case.

OP
OP
T

tlhanlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who ever installed the sensor did not follow the installation instructions. Minute 6.24 states not to remove the spring until the steering column is installed and center. That step is what gets everyone, once the spring is removed the sensor is shot if the steering wheel in not centered. Ask me how I know, I had to do the job twice. That might be your case.

Thanks for the input. I had already replaced the sensor twice. I finally ran into a GM tech who was familiar with this issue. He said to get rid of the after market sensor that had been used and replace it with an OEM part. He said most of the aftermarket sensors will fail and operate inconsistently. With nothing to lose, I replaced it with an OEM part - it has now been working perfectly for 3 weeks !!!!!!!