Service Stability track and traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so today after I got my turbo 350 in the back seat of my 2011 Yukon XL, I went to go pull out of the storage unit area where I'm keeping the car that the transmission goes into, and all the sudden at the exit the traction control light lights up like a christmas tree star. With the DCM also saying traction control and stablitrak off service those two things as well. Then not even 5 mins later it goes away! Well it kept doing this about everytime I went over a really big bump, and, when it was about time to go to my local auto parts store the thing felt like it had manual steering! Then the engine completely stalled. Luckily I was able to drop off my turbo 350 to the shop, and get it home without the light coming on to often. While at my house I tried looking at with my tech 2 but unfortunately looks like I paying for the fee. But I also have to figure out how to make it stop saying check ignition. Any thought's would be appreciated!
A.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loose ground wire/cable or battery connection. When you lose volts temporarily like that service stabilitrak is the firs warning light.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above. In addition, lots of things trigger the TC/ST off status. Something as simple as brake fluid being too low in the MC will trigger such notices (although you would also get the brake warning light as well in that case), but the point is, many things trigger this, most with little to do directly with TC/ST.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
connect the tech2 and drive around, when the warning comes on then scan it with the tech2, you do not have to pay any fee to use the tech2 for this issue, it's probably a loose connection somewhere, that particular type of code is not necessarily historical so you have to scan it while lit. otherwise it passes self testing and goes away just like abs/srs.

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
connect the tech2 and drive around, when the warning comes on then scan it with the tech2, you do not have to pay any fee to use the tech2 for this issue, it's probably a loose connection somewhere, that particular type of code is not necessarily historical so you have to scan it while lit. otherwise it passes self testing and goes away just like abs/srs.
Okay, so I think I got part of what is wrong. I read something about failed to boost brakes. Does this mean the brake boosters going out? By chance could it just be hot it has been very hot lately.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I think I got part of what is wrong. I read something about failed to boost brakes. Does this mean the brake boosters going out? By chance could it just be hot it has been very hot lately.
Can you retrieve your DTC codes with your Tech 2?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It means you should post up the code(s) you get when it happens. "...something about failed to boost brakes..." doesn't give us much to go on. We could guess well into the night.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so today after I got my turbo 350 in the back seat of my 2011 Yukon XL, I went to go pull out of the storage unit area where I'm keeping the car that the transmission goes into, and all the sudden at the exit the traction control light lights up like a christmas tree star. With the DCM also saying traction control and stablitrak off service those two things as well. Then not even 5 mins later it goes away! Well it kept doing this about everytime I went over a really big bump, and, when it was about time to go to my local auto parts store the thing felt like it had manual steering! Then the engine completely stalled. Luckily I was able to drop off my turbo 350 to the shop, and get it home without the light coming on to often. While at my house I tried looking at with my tech 2 but unfortunately looks like I paying for the fee. But I also have to figure out how to make it stop saying check ignition. Any thought's would be appreciated!
A.
Fee? No cost to use your tech-2 unless you need to program modules. You do not even need it as a pass through device, hook it up directly to your truck and scan for codes on the main menu, last option. It will query every module and then at the end display all the codes. Be sure to write down the symptom number as well.

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fee? No cost to use your tech-2 unless you need to program modules. You do not even need it as a pass through device, hook it up directly to your truck and scan for codes on the main menu, last option. It will query every module and then at the end display all the codes. Be sure to write down the symptom number as well.
Thanks Swathdiver I guess I'm still learning how to use it lol. I did unfortunately get a CEL when I went out to check traction control codes, it was P0106 MAP Sensor fault god looks like I'm taking her in for that warranty.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Swathdiver I guess I'm still learning how to use it lol. I did unfortunately get a CEL when I went out to check traction control codes, it was P0106 MAP Sensor fault god looks like I'm taking her in for that warranty.
a map sensor runs about $25 plug-n-play, most likely not related to the stabiltrac problem, a failed brake booster issue would be more likely to cause a stabiltrac/traction control issue, whatever message you read should have had a code in front of it. like Bxxxx.01, .02, .03 etc the first part being the main culprit and the .xx being a more defined cause

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts