Service Ride Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pagepilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All Concerned,

I have a 2002 Yukon Denali, I finally did away with the Auto Level System and converted to Bilstein 5100 shocks all around, with Air Lift 1000 air bags.
This set-up combination works extremely well for me.

The problem is the "Service Ride Control" advisory light. Need options on how to extinguish this light with out pulling the 30 amp RTD CB.

Why...this CB also controls the power steering boost assist, during slow speed steering and road feel/feed back during forward speed. With this CB pulled you have constant boost assist all the time and the steering during forward speed has no feel what so ever. This becomes border line of "very uncomfortable".

I thought I read some where that you can install some type of resistor on each shock electrical contact that would take care of the Service light...by tricking the system that is was still connected???

Please advise...anyone...

Respectfully,
David

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled my fuse,and my steering is crazy soft at road speed, The way around it is to install resistors and the four shock connecters and leave the fuse in. this way your steering will be good at all speeds.

25 watt 3.9 ohm is what you need x4

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 I pulled the rtd fuse I didn't know we had some king of steering assist so I take it I should reinstall and get the resistors. Learn something new all the time.
Billy.

OP
OP
P

Pagepilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UpDate

Just finished installing resistors yesterday. Took a little longer than anticipated...but then again, I am a little on the **** side when it comes too doing things. Service Control light is gone, took it for a 25 mile test trip to see if it would reappear...did not.
I am happy now...
Thanks again Livingez_123.
Respectfully,
David

rpdnali

Reaction score
I went to Radio Shack today and all they had were 1/8,1/4,1/2 and 1 watt resistors. I am assuming by 25 watt you mean .25watt (1/4)? The only 3.9 ohm resistors they had were the 1/2 watt. What should I use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59