Service ride control Denali 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyfuller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I brought my car to the dealership because it was making a weird clicking noise behind the left rear tire. they said it was the compressor and replaced it for around $1500. I've brought it back twice and still the noise continues. The noise eventually stopped when the motor (or whatever was making the noise) died and now I have a message "service ride control". I've read on the forum and it sounds like my shocks and compressor need to be replaced. I brought it to another shop for another opinion since I already had the compressor replaced (supposedly now I'm a little suspect) and they say I need new shocks. They estimated $2000 but said if I want to replace with regular shocks and bypass the whole compressor it will work fine and cost a fraction. I'm nervous because I know nothing about cars and neithor does my husband or he'd be the one dealing with it. Is it possible to replace a computerized shock system with regular shocks or am I being taken advantage of and causing possible further damage to the car.

By the way I'm in Mexico not the U.S. and my conversations have been in Spanish so some of my details are vague. My conversational Spanish is great by my car Spanish is seriously lacking.
Thanks for your help.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can replace the air ride shocks with more conventional ones...you won't really lose anything. Sounds like you've already burned through another compressor so I'd just go with bilstein shocks and scrap the air ride. I am doing the same thing as soon as I get time to install my new shocks.

wade

Reaction score
I did all the work myself, replaced the compressor and 2 shocks for about 700 bucks, wasnt too bad. Arnotts sells the goods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo