Service Parts Identification Database

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonOwner06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Escalade Owners -

I am trying to locate a GM website or online database which would provide a list of Service Parts for a particular VIN for a GM vehicle.

I am trying to see if a particular VIN would have the Z55 option, and so far I haven't been able to locate anything online that would help me in determining this.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Look at the sticker in your glove box. If a vehicle has the Z55 suspension, it will have 'Z55' listed on the sticker as one of the RPO codes.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think VIN would tell you anything directly.

RPO code on the glove box door.

Or...

This VIN decoder site can give you the build sheet listing RPO codes for options a vehicle had from the factory...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am trying to locate a GM website or online database which would provide a list of Service Parts for a particular VIN for a GM vehicle.

I am trying to see if a particular VIN would have the Z55 option, and so far I haven't been able to locate anything online that would help me in determining this.

GM does not offer this as a free service anymore. I pay Compnine.com $5 for 5 VIN checks.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM does not offer this as a free service anymore. I pay Compnine.com $5 for 5 VIN checks.
Maybe you were thinking of the original official GM decoder service...

The link I included above is through Chevrolet Forum.
Still works and that one is free.
This is the first page from a VIN I was looking at for some other reason (it is not mine).
I tested before I posted earlier.

This one will give you basically all the information that would have been on your factory sticker.
Maybe not the same exact format, but a wealth of information on standard and optional equipment for specific VIN.

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 3.52.56 PM.png

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you were thinking of the original official GM decoder service...

The link I included above is through Chevrolet Forum.
Still works and that one is free.
This is the first page from a VIN I was looking at for some other reason (it is not mine).
I tested before I posted earlier.

This one will give you basically all the information that would have been on your factory sticker.
Maybe not the same exact format, but a wealth of information on standard and optional equipment for specific VIN.

View attachment 380557
That's generic and not vehicle specific. No RPO codes are provided which is what the OP was looking for. Compnine provides the RPO codes for that particular VIN if the vehicle is in their database.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's generic and not vehicle specific. No RPO codes are provided which is what the OP was looking for. Compnine provides the RPO codes for that particular VIN if the vehicle is in their database.
You are correct, sir.

On second look, it is generic as you say.
I thought it listed VIN-specific options by name (without RPO codes), so he could throw a VIN in there and see if "Autoride Suspension" showed up.
Maybe it does not got as deep as I thought.

For mine, I took a picture of the ROP sticker, looked up each code and entered into a spreadsheet.

I must have been looking at the VIN decoder on Chevrolet Forum for the "window sticker" stuff.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct, sir.

On second look, it is generic as you say.
I thought it listed VIN-specific options by name (without RPO codes), so he could throw a VIN in there and see if "Autoride Suspension" showed up.
Maybe it does not got as deep as I thought.

For mine, I took a picture of the ROP sticker, looked up each code and entered into a spreadsheet.

I must have been looking at the VIN decoder on Chevrolet Forum for the "window sticker" stuff.
Right, I plugged in my VIN again and the first thing that came up was 3.08 gears, which it doesn't have.

When we find a car that we're sweet on, we'll pay Compnine to get the RPO codes to make sure it has everything we're looking for or pass and keep looking.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

for the z55 code on your vehicle in particular, look at your glove box, there is a list if z55 is not in the list then you do not have it. you can also tell by simply looking under your vehicle. if it is a vehicle you are looking buy online then ya it's hard to say, people can't even get the wheel base and engine size correct, paying for a lookup can get pricey if you are looking at many, there is a free decoder on the chevroletforum.com but it won't list rpo codes

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9