Service Brake Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Chevrolet Suburban with approx 11K miles. Started vehicle today. When I moved it and hit the brakes, got a grinding sound and a shudder in the brake pedal as I came to a stop. Dealer says issue is with the sensor for the brake booster.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like the abs kicked in, it can happen once in a blue moon but if it continues to happen then you may want to have it checked out.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to do this every once in a while when I first pull it out of the garage in the morning. Slight down hill slope, when I press on the brake it feels like the ABS is kicking in (a little pulse back feel on the pedal) and doesn't really want to stop.

I've only had it a few times and it usually goes away after I get off the slope. Could this be the same issue? I saw another article about the ABS sensors at each wheel maybe needing to be "cleaned" up. (2015 Tahoe LT w/ 96K miles) Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to do this every once in a while when I first pull it out of the garage in the morning. Slight down hill slope, when I press on the brake it feels like the ABS is kicking in (a little pulse back feel on the pedal) and doesn't really want to stop.

I've only had it a few times and it usually goes away after I get off the slope. Could this be the same issue? I saw another article about the ABS sensors at each wheel maybe needing to be "cleaned" up. (2015 Tahoe LT w/ 96K miles) Thanks.
cleaning really shouldn't be necessary or even a fix (it's possible) but it would be more likely a worn wheel hub or signs of one getting worn, I would check the hubs at 96k

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks...that doesn't sound like good news or a cheap fix. Booooo.....

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

cleaning really shouldn't be necessary or even a fix (it's possible) but it would be more likely a worn wheel hub or signs of one getting worn, I would check the hubs at 96k

my 01 did this same thing when new. there was a recall on the abs sensor/ring..truck was a year old-ish. Start slowing down and then right before stopping abs would start pulsing and you didn’t stop... i almost rearended a few people before i took it in to dealer. Rust build up on the sensor ring, clean/replace both hubs and sensors iirc

that said I don’t remember hearing anyone with a newer model complain about this but maybe its a thing again....

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after having this problem since last November(NY to Nashville trip) weirdest feeling ever. I brought the truck in to service in Dec. They said nope nothing is wrong after having the truck for 2 days.
Kept coming back at times specially coming out my 100ft driveway in reverse(after it was warm/hot).
So I made another appointment for early today and I made sure I jumped in the highway too make sure it was hot when I got to the dealership. As soon as I got to the service department I asked the guy please don't write it up till I speak to a manager and I told please get a mechanic out here so he can drive it in the parking lot and to see that I'm not crazy.
Finally they did and and replaced the Vacuum Pump. Here is the write up in case anyone needs it. I hope it helps.

20200521_141246.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after having this problem since last November(NY to Nashville trip) weirdest feeling ever. I brought the truck in to service in Dec. They said nope nothing is wrong after having the truck for 2 days.
Kept coming back at times specially coming out my 100ft driveway in reverse(after it was warm/hot).
So I made another appointment for early today and I made sure I jumped in the highway too make sure it was hot when I got to the dealership. As soon as I got to the service department I asked the guy please don't write it up till I speak to a manager and I told please get a mechanic out here so he can drive it in the parking lot and to see that I'm not crazy.
Finally they did and and replaced the Vacuum Pump. Here is the write up in case anyone needs it. I hope it helps.

View attachment 247993
Nice, good info Angel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts