Service Airbag light on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the battery.
The sensor is right above the bumper support. You can get it from underneath but you won't be able to see it. It's a number 10 you will need a ratchet wrench. You will have to be laying on your back reaching up to get the the sensor.

txgmc

Reaction score
My service air bag light was on as well. Two different shops couldn't give me an answer as to which impact sensor or pretensioner was the cause (fortunately neither shop made me pay for the diagnostics). Thursday I found OEM impact sensors on eBay for $49.75 each. I bought two of them. I did the install Monday night. The install was easy. I'm not a thin guy so I needed to remove the splash guard to get the best access. With removing the splash guard, swapping the two sensors, and replacing the splash guard it only took 15ish minutes. I disconnected the battery and while I waited for the 10 minutes, I swapped out the spark plug wires. The air bag light is no longer on so I'm a happy camper.

CL2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am probably Reviving an Old Post. I have a 2011 Tahoe. My service airbags light would come on when I moved my driver seat backwards but when I moved it forwards I certain distance it would turn off. It did this for about 3 months and now it's on permanently. I'm guessing there's a wire or connector underneath my seat which moves with the chair base that must have broken. Any idea if there's a wiring diagram? I looked under the back of the chair from the second row and there is a harness right where the floor vent is and it has lots of wires I'm thinking the seat sensor for your rear end being in the seat cushion is either in that or it's in another place under the seat. If anyone has had to make this repair did they wind up cutting the connectors out and splicing a new connectors or somehow repair the one wire thanks for your time

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am probably Reviving an Old Post. I have a 2011 Tahoe. My service airbags light would come on when I moved my driver seat backwards but when I moved it forwards I certain distance it would turn off. It did this for about 3 months and now it's on permanently. I'm guessing there's a wire or connector underneath my seat which moves with the chair base that must have broken. Any idea if there's a wiring diagram? I looked under the back of the chair from the second row and there is a harness right where the floor vent is and it has lots of wires I'm thinking the seat sensor for your rear end being in the seat cushion is either in that or it's in another place under the seat. If anyone has had to make this repair did they wind up cutting the connectors out and splicing a new connectors or somehow repair the one wire thanks for your time
Definitely got yourself in on an old post. Last comment was over 9 years ago. Not the record, but definitely up there when it comes to reviving old threads.

Also, this is in the 2000-2006 section. Might have better luck by posting your question i the 2007-2014 section.

Get a code reader the can read SRS codes and find out what is causing the light to come on. That will help narrow down your search for the cause.

CL2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely got yourself in on an old post. Last comment was over 9 years ago. Not the record, but definitely up there when it comes to reviving old threads.

Also, this is in the 2000-2006 section. Might have better luck by posting your question i the 2007-2014 section.

Get a code reader the can read SRS codes and find out what is causing the light to come on. That will help narrow down your search for the cause.
Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had a wire break before usually you can just repair the break and carry on, the airbag wires will be yellow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts