Sent mine out to be layed on the ground finally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 months? Jesus I can build a house in 8 months.

Time to ask for your truck back and thank them unkindly
I know what you're getting at here but to modify a vehicle to the point where it lays on the ground and can also be a viable vehicle at ride height takes a LOT of time and skill. Honestly, when @NASTY GM originally posted this I would have been surprised if he'd get this thing before within a year. The fab work involved is ridiculous and to do it well is not something that just anyone can do.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish mine only took 8 months. All my damn builds seem to take way to long..
When you had your Denali...how long did it take to get it laid out and on air? Not even talking about finishing the whole project or even getting interior pieces in but just getting it laid and the air working on it?

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
When you had your Denali...how long did it take to get it laid out and on air? Not even talking about finishing the whole project or even getting interior pieces in but just getting it laid and the air working on it?

Shoot man at this point i don't remember. It really shouldnt take that long to lay one of these out. I mean if you had 1-2 guys working on it consistently id say 3 months max to get one of these down and done. Sure there is a lot of work to it not taking nothing from that.

With shops and builds of this size they have to supplement income by doing quick jobs. Which to a point i get, but also it gets old to the customer. They have paid money just like people wanting quick jobs done.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and I guess that was part of my point as well that I neglected to post. Shops usually don't just do one job at a time. They do smaller jobs, too, to "keep the lights on". Would be different if they just did one job at a time and focused solely on the one job. :shrug:

TLTFAB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

It took me three months to get mine driving, 100% on my own part time. Still need to finish some interior pieces.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you're getting at here but to modify a vehicle to the point where it lays on the ground and can also be a viable vehicle at ride height takes a LOT of time and skill. Honestly, when @NASTY GM originally posted this I would have been surprised if he'd get this thing before within a year. The fab work involved is ridiculous and to do it well is not something that just anyone can do.
Wifey laughed and said she can make a baby in 9 months
:lol2:

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CN tower took 3 years. Hoover dam took 5 but was completed 2 years early and under budget

And to top it off the empire state building took 1 year and 45 days

OP
OP
NASTY GM

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has taken a lot longer than it was suppose too. The rear is completely done, including the new gas tank. The hold up has been the front control arms. Now on the third shop building them :smh: All the parts were powder coated, some were chromed and I had the Wilwood calipers painted again. The rear tubs had to look nice since they do show a little inside the truck. A new sub box has to be made as well. It's almost done and I can't wait :gr_grin:

tank.JPG

caliper.jpg

tub.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will definitely look sick when done!! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing "finished" pics of this thing :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts