Second Row Bucket Seat has a Broken Armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an even dumber problem. The plastic cap broke off on my armrest. I found it lying on the floor. I want to buy a new one but can't find a part #. It's under warranty but it means two trips to the dealer which I don't have time for. I'd rather replace it myself.

M_Kingston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine...any help on the part number would be great.

Thanks

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part number is...15279689
Dealer had one in stock which is amazing! Told me this is a common issue and they keep one in stock at all times. $6.12. I paid for it though it's unde warranty. My time is too precious to have to make an appointment fo service. Parts guy told me to contact G.M. To get reimbursed. Can you imagine, lol!

Last edited:

Ronald3938

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Did any of you guys ever figure out how to remove and/or repair your 2nd row armrest. I have the same issue with mine but cant find any information on how to remove it. I tried sticking my arm up inside the back of the seat but couldnt feel anything. Everybody says this is a common issue but I cant find any info on a fix for it. Mine is just hanging by the bolt and I cant remove or tighten the bolt. Someone please help.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ronald3938,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle regarding the 2nd row armrest. I might be able to give you any technical advice but I would like to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

jack oderland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have the same problem with mine Escalade 2011 ESV :/ Armrest pointing at the floor all the time....
I have ordered the plastic cap but need some advice on tool to use to tighten up the armrest if possible.

Living in Sweden and the only dealer here says a new chair is needed lol?!

DeanJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Sorry. I took a few more that are clearer and hopefully not quite as large. It looks like I just need to tighten a nut, but I need to figure out how to get a socket wrench in there. Hopefully I can reach it with an extender.

Also, don't pay attention to the loose stitching on there.

54Wwy.jpg

qTEvJ.jpg

bjj9M.jpg
The shaft is a 5mm hex, use a 1/4 drive 5mm socket on a extension shaft through a 13mm deep 3/8 drive socket. Hold the 13mm deep socket with a visegrip while counter clock wise on the 1/4 shaft 5mm socket. This will tighten the nut on the shaft. Other wise the shaft spins when turning the 13mm nut.

Last edited:

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
13mm deep socket is what worked to tighten mines. No vice grip was needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

langsbr

Reaction score
Does anyone know what, if available, the part number is for the the armrest stud? It appears that possibly in 2011, they changed from a stud to a bolt, and notes say that the stud may need to be removed. Mine is cross threaded, and I cannot get the nut to tighten enough. I was able to get the stud out, but I can't find a part number for it, or the replacement bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157