Second Row Bench Won’t Fold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_Life_

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all —

‘04 Tahoe LT. Originally equipped with bucket seats. I picked it up 4 months ago with 182k on the clock. With a family of 5, I was looking for a bench seat to replace the buckets and finally found one and got them installed. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t realize they didn’t fold before I bought and installed them. I was able to get the 40 side to fold, but the 60 side still won’t. The 40 side just had cables that were disconnected from the release points, but the 60 side almost seems seized? The cables that are supposed to be attached underneath won’t move at all. Anyone have any suggestions for how to make them release?

Thanks!

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you pinch the cable when installing the seats? I imagine this could be very easy to do.

I'm sure you have already found out that it is somewhat finicky to place the cables into their attachments. Occasionally they pop out on me and I have to fiddle with them for awhile until I get them to move and fit into the attachments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes