Seatbelt chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eh1215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Happy Memorial Day everyone! I was wondering is there a way to disable the seatbelt chime on a 2023 Yukon SLT? Thank you in advance!

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Just don't drive over 13 mph and it wont chime at you. It will give notification on dash still but chime doesnt kick in til 14mph. I take off my seatbelt once i get to work and in the parking lot so thats how i know when the chimes start in at.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to a junk yard and buy a couple male seatbelt buckles (see my 3 "tricksters" below) I rummaged around until I found a few that looked similar to my '23 suburban male buckle, I bought 5 and used 3 that fit best, they charged me $25 bucks, LOL.

Once you insert them into your car, you never have to remove, there's no need to reset. My '23 suburbans and '06 Silverado seatbelt warnings are tricked into thinking my seatbelts are always on, they never peep :thumbsup:

hGrOOLu.jpg

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy Memorial Day everyone! I was wondering is there a way to disable the seatbelt chime on a 2023 Yukon SLT? Thank you in advance!
Yea, there is:

1) sit in the driver’s seat
2) reach over your left shoulder and grab the seatbelt buckle
3) pull seatbelt across your body from left to right
4) insert the tab on the seatbelt into the buckle by your right hip

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this works on the '23 model, but on my 2012, you can unplug the wire that goes to the seatbelt receptacle.

If you want to get rid of all the chimes, rewire your rear line outs to the front.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, there is:

1) sit in the driver’s seat
2) reach over your left shoulder and grab the seatbelt buckle
3) pull seatbelt across your body from left to right
4) insert the tab on the seatbelt into the buckle by your right hip
I will never for the life of me understand the desire to drive without a seatbelt. Backing it out of the garage to give it a wash Saturday morning? Sure - and that's why I have the "Buckle to Drive" setting turned off. Beyond that, once I'm out of my driveway the seatbelt is on no matter what.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will never for the life of me understand the desire to drive without a seatbelt. Backing it out of the garage to give it a wash Saturday morning? Sure - and that's why I have the "Buckle to Drive" setting turned off. Beyond that, once I'm out of my driveway the seatbelt is on no matter what.
Yup. It's necessary. But then again there are people who ride their motorcycles without a helmet too.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some folks have neuropathy nerve-damage issues where anything touching their belly or chest is very very painful, including shirts and seatbelts

Some other folks live in the boondocks surrounded by tens of thousand of acres and drive around on seldom-driven dirt & gravel roads 25-35 mph and don't want to strap in.

Last edited:

wsherring

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can confirm that unplugging the wires coming out of the seatbelt receivers at the plugs running along the inner sides of the seats next to the consoles on a 2023 Suburban LS will turn off the seatbelt chime and dash light. I assume the car will behave as if the belts are always buckled with airbags, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094