Seat movement is reversed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, i have a 2003 yukon xl slt, and the drivers seat controls are reversed? been like that since i bought it cpl years ago, previous owner had drivers seat bottom redone, so it has been worked on before, any suggestions on what to do? also since it was reupholstered the drivers seat heat hasnt work (previous owner said)

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Does the switch snap into the seat opening? If so they probably clicked it in backwards. Otherwise, someone’s been into the wiring. Which may coincide with the heat not working.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the passenger side heat work? If so move the seat all the way up (not forward) and remove the bolts and nuts holding it down and lean the entire seat forward from the back to get a good look at your wiring. Reupholstered seats shouldn’t mess with the wiring other than unplugging it but over time they come loose. Also check the fuses under the hood and on the driver side foot well.

shelton

Reaction score
Seat switch backwards is common, it can be a failure of the driver seat module, the position sensor on the track, or the switch itself. The heated seat bottom works off a 2 pin plug on the rear right corner of the driver seat. Make sure it was plugged back in and not pinched when re installed.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i have a 2003 yukon xl slt, and the drivers seat controls are reversed? been like that since i bought it cpl years ago, previous owner had drivers seat bottom redone, so it has been worked on before, any suggestions on what to do? also since it was reupholstered the drivers seat heat hasnt work (previous owner said)
There is a TSB on this. The solution is to reprogram the seat module. This will require a Tech2 and either TIS2000 or a subscription to TISWeb. I had this problem a few years ago and reprogramming the module fixed it.

I believe what happens is that as the track and motor mounts get more play in them from wear, the position sensor goes out of range and the software doesn't know what to do with the out-of-range value. When it is reprogrammed it resets these values and it learns the new range. Anyway, since reprogramming it, I have had no further issues.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

Well...looks like you received great info already. Glad I could help. :yaoface2:

OP
OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wow, thanks guys. lotsa info for sure, im gonna dig into it tommarow and see what i can see for wiring. The passenger side has always worked good so hopefully its just come unplugged or a fuse.

OP
OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well, i pulled both seats, unplugged all 4 heaters, checked out the wiring i could see, everything seemed good, cleaned connections, put it all back together, same result. Most likely a heater on drivers side, so ill just replace both. but hey thanks for the info guys, and i found 10 bucks in change so itll be that much cheaper!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heater may only be part of the problem. As @DougAMiller said the problem may lie in the control module under the seat. I had to replace mine and get the dealer to program it to my rig. The other place to look is under the driver door sill. All of the wiring is in there. The ground is on the bottom of the B pillar.

OP
OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok ill check wiring and grounds, the passenger side is working tho, would that side still work with a bad module?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naileddown