Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, all nbs 5.3 and older denali's truck would make for a perfect video

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, all nbs 5.3 and older denali's truck would make for a perfect video

Do a search on YouTube. I found several vids to give me an idea on what to do.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the hose
you want.

That's not what the can says.

Sea Foam will thin out your oil. First put it in three has tank. Then, put it in the oil. Finally, pour it into the vacuum line while the engine is running. Once all the Sea Foam had been poured in go for an ready drive and avoid accelerating hard. About a fifteen minute drive around the neighborhood will do to get the smoke to disappear. Once your truck is done smoking turn it off and begin the oil change.
Well..like I said, I haven't used it before. I just went to their website and copied and pasted what it said.

Polomintus

Reaction score
Don't know if this is going to help, but i did this on my 06 Jetta, did alot of reading, but i did two runs through the fuel system (2 x half a can on 2 full tanks of fuel). Then did a 1/3 of a can in the crank case, the day of the scheduled oil change. I ran 34 miles before driving to the oil change. Did a full oil change (Mobile 1 full syth) and since then done about 2000k in miles.

On the can and in many readings, DO NOT DRIVE TOO LONG AFTER ADDING. it thins the oil out and clean the debris from the engine, so get rid of the oil ASAP.

I'll add a couple of things i've found, first, it ran well before and a little better after, I did mainly as a start to doing it to the wifes Denali, so your post has me intrested. Secondly, from what i've read and depending on driving styles, carbon build up is less if you drive hard, (engine wise) and is only needed if the engine is designed pre 89, what i've read., i do think this is the case with soccer (football for me) mums short schoole runs. However, some call this snake oil, but i hold reservations on that, because fuels are diluted these days compare to pre 89's, and on top of that, I do not trust the fuel companies. I

In summary, 'd say and based even on Amazon reviews, that this stuff works, I would really be intrested in a video of you doing this to a GMC product.

Good luck man...

Cheers POLO

Last edited:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I disagree about this being snake oil, however I don't have any scientific facts to support/disprove any claims either. The only experience I can make some noise about is when I was teaching my (now former) neighbor how to perform basic maintenance on his car. One of the things we covered was how to use SeaFoam. Before starting he had a check engine light on. After SeaFoam only the light disappeared. It was a 2001 Nissan Altima 4-cylinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe