Scosche Bluefusion bluetooth solution: My review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall i love this little guy.
I went from the PXAMG, which i had a few beefs with, to this thing and hands down, no comparison i like this better.
The PXAMG was nice and the sound quality was great but navigating through the stock (non nav) radio just wasn't feasible for me. I had a hard time remembering all the button combos, and waiting for the words to scroll to see what artist i was on etc was just not very fun. So i never even used that feature that much, i would just look at my iPhone instead. But this isn't a PXAMG review sorry.

The installation was a breeze, the things that held me back were just me; #1 not knowing the best way to get behind the glove box (i took out a few screws before i realized it would just flop down) #2 not knowing how to get the wiring harness unplugged from the onstar system. It's the craziest plug I've ever seen and it's turned around backwards, of course, so you can't see how it works. Finally i looked at the one that came with the unit and saw that you had to pull a tab in order to be able to press the button to pull the harness out.

Once installed i started playing with it. It took me two tries to get it connected to my iPhone and i was off and running. The on-screen menu is simple and intuitive. You scroll through it with the tune nob to see missed calls, dialed calls, and you can even activate voice dialing form there which i thought was really cool. I've talked on the phone and made calls without having to take it out of my pocket and thats what i wanted.
It said that phonebook entries wasn't supported but when my dad called me to my surprise it popped up on the screen as what i have him in my phone as "POPS" so i don't know why it works on my truck?
kodakcamera001.jpg

Even if you aren't on the correct source the unit will navigate to the source and you hear your phone start ringing through the speakers. One press on the seek up button and you are talking.

Calls are clear and i haven't had any complaints like "am i on speakerphone?" or anything like that and my mom AND my finance hate when i put them on speakerphone so i'll take it as the microphone works very well. It also works well when saying voice commands. On the iPhone there is a little wave that moves when it hears sounds and it picks up really well.

When listening to music it works just as you'd expect and at least with an iPhone you can use voice commands here as well to say an artist or song or just "play" and it'll start shuffling your music which i LOVE. The only weird thing i noticed was once you use the voice command to start a song, if you try to activate it again to skip a track or play a different artist it doesn't go back into voice command mode, it just sort of ignores it, but i'm assuming that is an iPhone issue.

The only thing I can't comment on is overall sound quality since I got a defective unit. Me and riso79 both bought this unit from a guy on ebay and both units had the same issue where the sound doesn't come out of the left side of the truck. He replaced his and said it was perfect after that. I've contacted scosche and they agreed to let me send it in and they would fix it so i'll update this part when i get the new unit.

Overall i'm perfectly happy with it. It's everything i wanted with a few little surprises. I'm actually reluctant to send it back to get replaced because i really don't want to have to live without it now.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great review. I learned more about this unit from you than I have just having it for a couple weeks. One thing that I really like is being able to stream the stored music on the phone through the stereo. It will not stream Pandora for some reason with my Blackberry but that is more a phone issue than a BlueFusion. I haven't been able to get more than the phone number to come up on the screeen but that is probably again a Blackberry issue. Check out the picture, where it says BLUEFUSION on the screen is where the phone number comes up.

IMG00027-20101023-1552.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've sent it back now to get replaced and boy do i miss it. The iPhone lets me stream pandora thankfully, thats what i listen to the most. SOOO nice not having the wires hanging out of my console.

ludvball

Reaction score
I was considering getting one of the Parrot Bluetooth devices. This looks pretty good. I guess I will have to do some research.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16