Scan tool to reset ethanol percentage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocketcCutlass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I’m pretty sure I need to reset the algorithm for the virtual flex fuel sensor. Is there a scan tool that can accomplish this that’s not specific to GM? I’d like to be able to use it on other vehicles. Even better if I could permanently turn off AFM and get rid of the range module. 2011 Tahoe with LMG 5.3.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m pretty sure I need to reset the algorithm for the virtual flex fuel sensor. Is there a scan tool that can accomplish this that’s not specific to GM? I’d like to be able to use it on other vehicles. Even better if I could permanently turn off AFM and get rid of the range module. 2011 Tahoe with LMG 5.3.
I can't say specifically but it's gotta be a bi-directional scan tool. Well, I know of the Snap-On Solus but there are others out there.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe vxdiag?

Don't know anything about them, but seems reasonably priced ($1400 with laptop)

For AFM disable I've only heard of HPTuners or EFILive, plug in devices, or paying a tuner to do it.

lightflyer1

Reaction score
Cheapest AFM delete programming I have found is $69.95. I also have an OBDII delete module but am getting the permanent fix done soon from this place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907