sas 99 suburban advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suburbanguy89

Reaction score
starting to get pieces together for an s.a.s. swap in my burban. it has the autotrac 4x4.......gay. but anyways im getting my hands on a dana 60 high pinion....ball joint.....axle. available cheap so i can get the ball rolling. any kingpin 60 hi-pinion is like 1500. so im gonna have to deal with it. anyone do the sas swap on a 99 suburban? if so what should i be looking for steering and leaf spring wise, looking for about 8-10" of lift and descent articulation. also what front driveshaft am i going to be looking for. plus can i retain my stock transfer case with push button 4x4?

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as im aware you will need to change the T case to a np241 (manual) so you can have the U joint upfront and get a new driveshaft so that the slip is built into it not the Tcase. as for springs and things like that check out offroad unlimited. they have just about all you need

OP
OP
suburbanguy89

suburbanguy89

Reaction score
ugh dont feel like cutting a hole in the floor for the levers (-___-) hoping to rretain the autotrac

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Autotrac sucks imo i love my floor shift but goodluck on the buld

redaddiction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugh dont feel like cutting a hole in the floor for the levers (-___-) hoping to rretain the autotrac

Sorry but it's not going to happen, there are others who have tried and ended up burning out their t-case. Do a little googling and there are plenty of build threads on other sites of 88-98 SAS swaps. There is a member on another forum who is selling brackets also. There is a lot of good information out there and any 88-98 Truck/Suburban/Tahoe that is 4wd has the same front frame.

OP
OP
suburbanguy89

suburbanguy89

Reaction score
yeah in that case i could just go chevy front axle then as well as a chevy transfer case lol. only reason i wanted the ford front axle was so i could hook it up to my existing transfer case. would have been a lot cheaper then too i guess lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019