Rust/Water Spots on Wheels HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
So I left my Denali out for a few days and when I looked at the wheel there were these orange spots all over my wheel and some chrome trim and the denali badge. I have tried scrubbing with vinegar water and polishing with chrome polish using a steel wool pad. The spots are still there and I don't know what to do. My car has only 5000 miles and I'm really pissed about this. Please help!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels are one thing, since there's metal under them somewhere. But the rest of your "chrome" trim is just plastic.

Are you sure it's rust you're seeing, since you see it on the chrome trim, too?

I've read of Denali wheels rusting prematurely, and I thing folks have gotten the wheels replaced under warrantee.

Oh, and I think these trucks are supposed to be able to be "left out" and NOT rust. Haha

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like it was left outside maybe near a sprinkler that has well water?

If that's the case, see if a detailer can get them out, if not, warranty the wheels!

OP
OP
nvedamuthu

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
I washed the car and left it out in the sun without drying, maybe that's the cause? If that's the case, I'm definitely going to the dealer and getting the wheel and trim replaced.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like you have some iron in your well water. Might wanna get a water softener or something before you go washing your car again. :(

OP
OP
nvedamuthu

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like you have some iron in your well water. Might wanna get a water softener or something before you go washing your car again. :(

I have a water softener installed in the basement, not sure whether it run through the outside faucet. It only happened to one wheel and the water is city water.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm... then it should not have happened. Very strange... got any pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667