RST Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72-droptop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What did you use to get the PREMIERE glue off. I've taken dozens of badges off and never seen glue as stuck on as this. The letters came off with a little heat and fishing line, but the glue is on there good. Ordered some goo gone adhesive remover that will be here tomorrow.
just a plastic scraper and some goo gone.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not an RST owner, but 2019 Yukon Denali so similarities should be consistent. So far the 10 speed has been an excellent shifter, but like all modern vehicles it is always trying to shift to achieve 1,500 RPM. At a minimum I'd suggest driving in tow/haul mode for better results. Much of the time I drive in "L" (used to be "M" in previous years). HOWEVER, with about 2,000 miles on it I'm having an occasional harsh shudder when the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd under medium throttle. light throttle and floored both are fine. I've been having key FOB issues since the day I picked up the vehicle. The issues seem to be just with FOB 1, 2 works OK. Also having erratic behaviors with the infotainment system, but suspect they are related to the FOB issue so need to address things one at a time. The improvement in ride between your '17 Premier and the 19 RST are most likely due to the magnetic ride control on the RST - it does make a big difference. When I ride in non-magnetic Suburbans and Yukons I can't believe how harsh and bouncy the rides are. My Yukon does not have a rough idle, smooth as I'd expect. Overall a good vehicle, but having the same issues as many with a 2015 onwards...
I think that my dealer fixed the key fob problem - 2nd attempt! After a second visit and a day of troubleshooting, my dealer discovered a grounding cable on the back of the engine that was loose (from the factory I assume). Once cleaned and tightened the passive lock system (and a host of other gremlins) have disappeared!

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to rehash this, but we had a little road trip today for thanksgiving with the RST.

Cold out, so no A/C obviously. I got up to 70 MPH on the highway, set the cruise and reset the trip meter at speed just to see what it would do.

According to the info center I pulled 26.1 MPG. 100 % stock and 4 cyl mode had not been disabled yet.

Truck just turned 1,800 miles

I run 93 octane only.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to rehash this, but we had a little road trip today for thanksgiving with the RST.

Cold out, so no A/C obviously. I got up to 70 MPH on the highway, set the cruise and reset the trip meter at speed just to see what it would do.

According to the info center I pulled 26.1 MPG. 100 % stock and 4 cyl mode had not been disabled yet.

Truck just turned 1,800 miles

I run 93 octane only.
You should keep using 93 octanes always.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Bought my 2019 Premier RST a few months ago. I absolutely love this vehicle. I did turn off the lane assist too as it is a pain. My biggest gripe is the lower front valance and how it isn't......better. It's like they just gave up there. I would love to get something to replace it, get it painted or wrapped but I am clueless in that department so if anyone knows a good route to get some color on that boring plastic that doesn't look cheap let me know. I just put a CAI, Kooks long tubes, and a Corsa exhaust on and she screams!!!!!! I have my black snowflake rep rims coming in soon as well and I also leveled out the look with some Belltech suspension components. When she is all finished up with round one I will post some pics and a video of the sound for reference if anyone is interested. I need to get it in and have my guy crack the codes to change up some shift points and fine tune a few things past what he already did; the 10 speed is great but it sure can ruin the exhaust grumble with all of the shifting going on lol. Besides the valance which is minor, absolutely no complaints. Glad to be here!

This is how she sits now, was a 2/4. I wanted to fill the gap but keep the ride and I am very pleased and a shot of the Corsa black tips.

View attachment 225672 View attachment 225673

Any issues with the magnetic ride shocks after lowering it? Or did you have to change out the shocks as well?

OHSEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any issues with the magnetic ride shocks after lowering it? Or did you have to change out the shocks as well?

No issue at all. It's just spindles up front and springs in the back. The ride was slightly better than what I was expecting. Now when I went to the 24 inch rim with smaller "rubber" tire I could feel things a bit more but still much more tolerable than what I was assuming would happen. I am very pleased with everything so far.

This is how she is set up now, just got the twin turbo put in and 1320video gave me a shout out on their Facebook a few days ago!!!

78756064_10158045256367112_7812144885464563712_o.jpg

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issue at all. It's just spindles up front and springs in the back. The ride was slightly better than what I was expecting. Now when I went to the 24 inch rim with smaller "rubber" tire I could feel things a bit more but still much more tolerable than what I was assuming would happen. I am very pleased with everything so far.

This is how she is set up now, just got the twin turbo put in and 1320video gave me a shout out on their Facebook a few days ago!!!

View attachment 235915

guess the S/C & cam idea lost... lol

is that a Armageddon kit? i have been eye balling them for a while.
how do you like it?

any supporting mods needed?

Cantrepeat

Reaction score

View attachment 235915

Nice, what kind of numbers are you getting with the turbos? Any tire clearance issues with the 22s or 24s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts