RST Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that my dealer fixed the key fob problem - 2nd attempt! After a second visit and a day of troubleshooting, my dealer discovered a grounding cable on the back of the engine that was loose (from the factory I assume). Once cleaned and tightened the passive lock system (and a host of other gremlins) have disappeared!
Wonder why the loose grounding strap didn't affect fob #2??

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder why the loose grounding strap didn't affect fob #2??
It turns out that the loose grounding strap was not the whole fix. In fact the whole fix is yet to be discovered. I have learned from the dealer that 2018 and 2019 Tahoe / Yukon / Esky's more or less all have a passive entry / remote start issue - Some worse than others. The dealer can't explain why it's only these models, other GMC vehicles work just fine. The last attempt I made at fixing the issue was to have the TSB performed which replaces the driver side receiving unit. This may have resulted in a small improvement, but the system still is not what it should be and not what my previous 2016 Denali provided. It's frustrating!

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It turns out that the loose grounding strap was not the whole fix. In fact the whole fix is yet to be discovered. I have learned from the dealer that 2018 and 2019 Tahoe / Yukon / Esky's more or less all have a passive entry / remote start issue - Some worse than others. The dealer can't explain why it's only these models, other GMC vehicles work just fine. The last attempt I made at fixing the issue was to have the TSB performed which replaces the driver side receiving unit. This may have resulted in a small improvement, but the system still is not what it should be and not what my previous 2016 Denali provided. It's frustrating!
I guess I should consider myself lucky...my 2019 Yukon Denali hasn't suffered through electrical issues. At least you have something to show the dealer. When I've had electrical problems, the dealer usually can't repeat them. Good luck getting yours all fixed. Can you link me to the TSB you referenced? Thanks.

OHSEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
guess the S/C & cam idea lost... lol

is that a Armageddon kit? i have been eye balling them for a while.
how do you like it?

any supporting mods needed?

Well my guy that did the installation felt like he was thrown through the ringer doing a lot of R&D and modifications that weren't supposed to be issues. Could have been a 3 day install and it turned into a few weeks with the mods. All in all they are great but make sure you trust who you are taking them to for getting them installed correctly especially if and when the issues arrive. Yes to Armaggedon and lets just say although the noise sounds amazing and it hauls.....the SC would have been a much easier, cheaper and painless route for a bit less satisfaction in the end. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

OHSEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice, what kind of numbers are you getting with the turbos? Any tire clearance issues with the 22s or 24s?

The stock 22's no issue whatsoever. With the 24's I get a slight bit of rub on turns that deal with a hard crank like pulling in or out of spots, or a tight U - turn; to be expected. I have eventually come to learn my limits in said "very rare" situations and prevent the rub as often as possible.

As for the turbos, haven't gotten on a dyno yet. Once we installed we did a tune, cracked the tranny so we could make some shift adjustments and we wanted a good month or so to just daily her and see how she holds up. So far so good. Threw a few codes for the O2 sensors and the MAF, which we will need to adjust. I am hoping by January we will have the final adjustments, tune and dyno done for some actual numbers once we are at the sweet spot.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh gawd... id go nutz trying to daily that for a month & not get on it ... HARD, everywhere ;) lol

our platforms driveline seems to take a bit of abuse from others i have seen online... provide they werent mon/fri installs hehehe

outside of good tune... driveshaft & converter are upgrades i see in my future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep