RST Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I am in the right spot to post this topic. I’ve looked and wasn’t able to come up with the discussion, I apologize if it’s already been posted somewhere. Somewhat new here to this.

Looking at possibly trading in my 17 Tahoe Premier for a 19 RST. Would like to ask the owners a few questions. Had some small issues with my 17 and makes me nervous jumping into a 19.

How are the 10 speeds holding up?

How is the suspension? (Drove an RST yesterday and thought night and day difference between my 17 and that 19. Big time improved!)

Do you have the rough idle in drive?

Is there anything you like/don’t like?

I really appreciate everyone’s input!!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I am in the right spot to post this topic. I’ve looked and wasn’t able to come up with the discussion, I apologize if it’s already been posted somewhere. Somewhat new here to this.

Looking at possibly trading in my 17 Tahoe Premier for a 19 RST. Would like to ask the owners a few questions. Had some small issues with my 17 and makes me nervous jumping into a 19.

How are the 10 speeds holding up?

How is the suspension? (Drove an RST yesterday and thought night and day difference between my 17 and that 19. Big time improved!)

Do you have the rough idle in drive?

Is there anything you like/don’t like?

I really appreciate everyone’s input!!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not an RST owner, but 2019 Yukon Denali so similarities should be consistent. So far the 10 speed has been an excellent shifter, but like all modern vehicles it is always trying to shift to achieve 1,500 RPM. At a minimum I'd suggest driving in tow/haul mode for better results. Much of the time I drive in "L" (used to be "M" in previous years). HOWEVER, with about 2,000 miles on it I'm having an occasional harsh shudder when the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd under medium throttle. light throttle and floored both are fine. I've been having key FOB issues since the day I picked up the vehicle. The issues seem to be just with FOB 1, 2 works OK. Also having erratic behaviors with the infotainment system, but suspect they are related to the FOB issue so need to address things one at a time. The improvement in ride between your '17 Premier and the 19 RST are most likely due to the magnetic ride control on the RST - it does make a big difference. When I ride in non-magnetic Suburbans and Yukons I can't believe how harsh and bouncy the rides are. My Yukon does not have a rough idle, smooth as I'd expect. Overall a good vehicle, but having the same issues as many with a 2015 onwards...

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it bother anyone else that there is absolutely nothing letting someone know you have a 6.2 RST over a basic Premier just by looking at the truck ?

I thought the wheels were specific to the 6.2, but now I find out thats not true either.

The RSTs manufactured after Feb now have the standard red/chrome RST badge on the right rear liftgate. Would have been nice if they would have blacked it out to match the other badges.

72-droptop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The RSTs manufactured after Feb now have the standard red/chrome RST badge on the right rear liftgate. Would have been nice if they would have blacked it out to match the other badges.

You can get a Black RST badge. Its used on a Colorado special package placed on both front doors. the part number is 84605751 and includes 2 badges.

The red RST badge part number is 84319995. its listed as a Silverado part.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a Black RST badge. Its used on a Colorado special package placed on both front doors. the part number is 84605751 and includes 2 badges.

The red RST badge part number is 84319995. its listed as a Silverado part.

I saw those. Wonder what genius at Chevy decided not to use those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans