RST 6.2 Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Now that these have been out for a while. What is everyone doing with exhaust.

Opionions I have heard are,,,, GM Borla is to quiet still, aftermarket Borla is good and throaty, Corsa is raspy, others say Just swap in a Magnaflow muffler on stock exhaust. ( I forget the part number )

I will be tuning out the V4 mode so im not worried about drone.

If anyone has a sound clip of the Magnaflow muffler swap I would like to hear that. Or maybe this is a good spot to load all sound clips in one thread if people are willing.

Thanks

sclemmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the Corsa on my '19 for about a year now. It is raspy as you mention but is quiet when it needs to be (cruising on hwy) and not annoying when in 4 cylinder mode.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have what Callaway puts on, pretty sure it's Borla, it makes a rumble for sure, but no drone at any speed on the highway. I had 3 Corsa systems and 9 B&B systems on my 12 Escalade's over the years, was a big fan of B&B, just a great sound

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ for 2015, callaway used Corsa.
its a custom muffler to their specs... its in bwtn the touring & sport for sound

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Magnaflow muffler on the OEM exhaust as well. When I 1st had the muffler installed I was pretty happy with the result. The sound was pretty close to a couple of RST's I test drove before I bought the Denali. I was also told to give the muffler time to "break in" and the sound would open up nicely. After about a month (around 300 miles of driving) I'd have to say that I'm not really as happy as I thought I would be at this point. I wasn't expecting "wake up the neighbors loud" but I was hoping for more than I got. In all fairness to the muffler, acceleration in the cabin sounds badass but the cold starts still leave a lot to be desired. I also left the flap and all resonators in place.

There's a YouTube video where this swap was done on a previous Gen-Escalade. The comments section mentions a 9HP gain on the dyno vs. 2HP gain with the Corsa. So if that's to be believed there's that....

OP
OP
Boatguy272

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its just a shame,,,, my DD 2003 Denali,,,, and my old 2007 Esky sounded better than the RST

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts