1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RST 6.2 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Boatguy272, Nov 7, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Boatguy272

Boatguy272 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dennis
    Ok. Now that these have been out for a while. What is everyone doing with exhaust.

Opionions I have heard are,,,, GM Borla is to quiet still, aftermarket Borla is good and throaty, Corsa is raspy, others say Just swap in a Magnaflow muffler on stock exhaust. ( I forget the part number )

I will be tuning out the V4 mode so im not worried about drone.

If anyone has a sound clip of the Magnaflow muffler swap I would like to hear that. Or maybe this is a good spot to load all sound clips in one thread if people are willing.

Thanks

2. sclemmer

sclemmer TYF Newbie

Name:
    Steven
    I have had the Corsa on my '19 for about a year now. It is raspy as you mention but is quiet when it needs to be (cruising on hwy) and not annoying when in 4 cylinder mode.

3. hcvone

hcvone Full Access Member

Name:
    Carl
    I have what Callaway puts on, pretty sure it's Borla, it makes a rumble for sure, but no drone at any speed on the highway. I had 3 Corsa systems and 9 B&B systems on my 12 Escalade's over the years, was a big fan of B&B, just a great sound

sealandsky likes this.
  4. gat0r

gat0r Full Access Member

Name:
    Jay
    ^ for 2015, callaway used Corsa.
    its a custom muffler to their specs... its in bwtn the touring & sport for sound

sealandsky likes this.
  5. 1sikryd

1sikryd Member

Name:
    George

It's difficult to capture the deepness of the exhaust tone on a phone app. This is a Magnaflow on a '19 RST Tahoe.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  6. RThomasII

RThomasII Full Access Member

Name:
    Rich
    I did the Magnaflow muffler on the OEM exhaust as well. When I 1st had the muffler installed I was pretty happy with the result. The sound was pretty close to a couple of RST's I test drove before I bought the Denali. I was also told to give the muffler time to "break in" and the sound would open up nicely. After about a month (around 300 miles of driving) I'd have to say that I'm not really as happy as I thought I would be at this point. I wasn't expecting "wake up the neighbors loud" but I was hoping for more than I got. In all fairness to the muffler, acceleration in the cabin sounds badass but the cold starts still leave a lot to be desired. I also left the flap and all resonators in place.

There's a YouTube video where this swap was done on a previous Gen-Escalade. The comments section mentions a 9HP gain on the dyno vs. 2HP gain with the Corsa. So if that's to be believed there's that....

7. Boatguy272

Boatguy272 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dennis
    Its just a shame,,,, my DD 2003 Denali,,,, and my old 2007 Esky sounded better than the RST