RST 6.2 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Boatguy272, Nov 7, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Boatguy272

Boatguy272 Member

Name:
    Dennis
    Ok. Now that these have been out for a while. What is everyone doing with exhaust.

Opionions I have heard are,,,, GM Borla is to quiet still, aftermarket Borla is good and throaty, Corsa is raspy, others say Just swap in a Magnaflow muffler on stock exhaust. ( I forget the part number )

I will be tuning out the V4 mode so im not worried about drone.

If anyone has a sound clip of the Magnaflow muffler swap I would like to hear that. Or maybe this is a good spot to load all sound clips in one thread if people are willing.

Thanks

2. sclemmer

sclemmer TYF Newbie

Name:
    Steven
    I have had the Corsa on my '19 for about a year now. It is raspy as you mention but is quiet when it needs to be (cruising on hwy) and not annoying when in 4 cylinder mode.

3. hcvone

hcvone Full Access Member

Name:
    Carl
    I have what Callaway puts on, pretty sure it's Borla, it makes a rumble for sure, but no drone at any speed on the highway. I had 3 Corsa systems and 9 B&B systems on my 12 Escalade's over the years, was a big fan of B&B, just a great sound

sealandsky likes this.
  4. gat0r

gat0r Full Access Member

Name:
    Jay
    ^ for 2015, callaway used Corsa.
    its a custom muffler to their specs... its in bwtn the touring & sport for sound

sealandsky likes this.
  5. 1sikryd

1sikryd Member

Name:
    George

It's difficult to capture the deepness of the exhaust tone on a phone app. This is a Magnaflow on a '19 RST Tahoe.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  6. RThomasII

RThomasII Full Access Member

Name:
    Rich
    I did the Magnaflow muffler on the OEM exhaust as well. When I 1st had the muffler installed I was pretty happy with the result. The sound was pretty close to a couple of RST's I test drove before I bought the Denali. I was also told to give the muffler time to "break in" and the sound would open up nicely. After about a month (around 300 miles of driving) I'd have to say that I'm not really as happy as I thought I would be at this point. I wasn't expecting "wake up the neighbors loud" but I was hoping for more than I got. In all fairness to the muffler, acceleration in the cabin sounds badass but the cold starts still leave a lot to be desired. I also left the flap and all resonators in place.

There's a YouTube video where this swap was done on a previous Gen-Escalade. The comments section mentions a 9HP gain on the dyno vs. 2HP gain with the Corsa. So if that's to be believed there's that....

7. Boatguy272

Boatguy272 Member

Name:
    Dennis
    Its just a shame,,,, my DD 2003 Denali,,,, and my old 2007 Esky sounded better than the RST