RSE 2023 - Is Miracast/USB streaming back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether Miracast functionality or the ability to stream the USB outlets is back in the 2023 rear media system?

A1onpoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 23 suburban with RSE. miracast and external usb storage are not an option. What I did was a chromecast with a usb hub attached to it, ordered some short usb cables from Amazon for a clean installation and you'll have all your netflix, youtube, casting and local usb.

chris80

Reaction score
Service manager at dealership told me wifi through Onstar is the only way to stream to RSE. Is that correct?

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Service manager at dealership told me wifi through Onstar is the only way to stream to RSE. Is that correct?

It might be possible to connect the truck to your phone as a hot spot, but what a lot of people have done is get a small streaming stick and use the HDMI input.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is a 2021, but we have Amazon fire stick plugged into hdmi ports, I bought the $200/year unlimited wifi and away it goes. Works pretty good

OP
OP
navyseal334

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 23 suburban with RSE. miracast and external usb storage are not an option. What I did was a chromecast with a usb hub attached to it, ordered some short usb cables from Amazon for a clean installation and you'll have all your netflix, youtube, casting and local usb.
Thanks for this. Does Miracast even show up on the screen or it's completely absent?

Assuming I can't drop the option from my accepted order, I'll likely do something similar to you albeit with a Roku. I just hate the notion of not being able to control it all from the front seat and either need to let the kids do it or climb into the back/lean around the seat for me or my wife to do it ourselves.

This is a major flop on GM's part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt