Routine maintenance nightmare (long)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok now its unavoidable the wife wants to drive down to georgia to visit the famo and im just at the 6000 mile mark stated by the repair shop that rebuilt my tranny so bring on the oil spills and dirt in the eye. Any one opted for the royal purple in there kons/hoes ? I know its suppose to run cooler but isnt that with 13 or so quarts meaning torque converter also ?

OP
OP
R

radkon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok now its unavoidable the wife wants to drive down to georgia to visit the famo and im just at the 6000 mile mark stated by the repair shop that rebuilt my tranny so bring on the oil spills and dirt in the eye. Any one opted for the royal purple in there kons/hoes ? I know its suppose to run cooler but isnt that with 13 or so quarts meaning torque converter also ?

Its 11 qts for a full drain and fill but only 5 if you only drop the pan/filter.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
LMAO I feel you. I too have that drain bolt on my kon's tranny deep pan, and for those exact reasons you just mentioned I have yet to give her the new filter, gasket and fluid thats been sitting on the work bench for 2 weeks........

+1 I attempted to remove the bolt at about 80K and failed...Im at 120K now and I would be dammed if I attempt to remove it again...lol (knock on wood)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07blackhoe

Latest posts